Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Olaf Presents Snow White

Hi, everybody! For the next five weeks or so, I'll do something different. Do any of you know the hilarious Disney+ series Olaf Presents?
Well, in this show, Olaf of Frozen fame reenacts five different Disney movies: The Little Mermaid, Moana, The Lion King, Tangled, and Aladdin. It only takes about 10 minutes to watch every episode, and I highly recommend it.
Anyway, each week starting today, I will post a script for a proposed episode. This week, I'll share how I think Olaf would reinterpret Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Emmy Pflugh, who did the illustrations for Finding Bailey, has generously volunteered to do illustrations for my scripts. Without further ado, here's Olaf Presents Snow White!
Olaf: Presenting Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Grimhilde! Olaf: Magic mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?
Marshmallow (popping out of the snow): Snow White is!
(Cut to Snow White! Olaf near a hole in the ice)
Snow White! Olaf: I'm wishing by the wishing well!
(Cut back to Grimhilde! Olaf)
Grimhilde! Olaf: Huntsman! (gives Sven a pointy rock) Kill Snow White and rip out her heart!
(Cut to Snow White! Olaf near a pile of leaves)
Snow White! Olaf: La la la la la. (Sven appears) Oh no! (Sven looks at Snow White! Olaf, and he can't bare to kill her) What's that? Run away and never return? Why does that sound familiar?
(Cut to Snow White! Olaf behind a bunch of branches)
Snow White! Olaf (now in the forest with Bruni, playing a baby bird): With a smile and a song!
Bruni: Squeak, squeak!
Snow White! Olaf: What's that? There's a house that belongs to strangers, but it's empty right now?
(Cut to Snow White! Olaf and Sven cleaning up the Dwarf's cottage)
Snow White! Olaf: Whistle while you work! Deedle-ee Dee dee dee dee. Even though you're vermin that carry diseases!
(Cut to the Snowgies, playing the Dwarfs, working in the mine)
Olaf (offscreen): We dig all day in our mine and unearth precious jewels, but we don't spend a shilling!
(Cut to the Snowgies sneaking upon Snow White! Olaf sleeping)
Snow White! Olaf: Hi, little men! Can I stay with you until my evil stepmom is done looking for me? (Snowgie squeaks in agreement) Thank you so much!
(Cut to Grimhilde! Olaf in the castle)
Grimhilde! Olaf: WHAT?! A pig's heart?! Guess I'll have to kill Snow White myself, (picking up an apple) with this poison apple!
(Cut to Snow White! Olaf dancing with Snowgies stacked on each other)
Snow White! Olaf: Yodel a-hee-hee Yodel a-hee-hee!
(Cut to Snow White! Olaf on a stool)
Snow White! Olaf: Some day my prince will come...
(Cut to Grimhilde! Olaf attempting to give Snow White the apple)
Grimhilde! Olaf: One bite from this apple, and all your dreams will come true!
Snow White! Olaf: I judge your good intentions. (takes a bite out of the apple) Oh no! I feel weak!
(Cut to Olaf solemnly with his back turned)
Olaf: Snow White is dead.
(Cuts to Grimhilde! Olaf with a stick on the ground)
Grimhilde! Olaf: Now I'm the fairest in the land! (Snowgie charge towards Grimhilde! Olaf) What? Are you here to avenge Snow White's death?
(Cuts to Grimhilde! Olaf trying to push a rock onto the Snowgies)
Grimhilde! Olaf: I'll crush you all! (Gale blows Grimhilde! Olaf away, making him scream)
Florian! Olaf: Oh, look! (looks at Sven playing dead) A girl lying dead in a coffin. I wonder if she's under a spell. (kisses Sven, and he spits in disgust)
(Cuts to Snow White! Olaf with Sven by his side)
Snow White! Olaf: I'm alive! Now I can inherit my dead mom's throne, become queen, and marry a prince I just met!
THE END
As promised, here's concept art from Emmy Pflugh.
These look like something straight out of an 'Art of' book!
I love how Emmy gave the Snowgies distinct personalities, despite the fact that they all look the same with no clothes on.
Please check her out on Instagram, Facebook, and her website below!
Tune in next week when I'll share a script for Olaf's version of the movie that gave the rise to the likes to Rapunzel, Moana, and even though she's not as loved, Raya: Mulan!

No comments:

Post a Comment