Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Story Announcement #6

The Loud House is arguably one of Nickelodeon's best cartoons in years since Avatar: The Last Airbender. However, that doesn't mean it's perfect: Like I said back in this post...
Lincoln doesn't have much of a personality, cares too much about comic books and video games, and has no special traits compared to his sisters. I also don't like how there's a fair amount of episodes that give Lincoln a bad ending, like 'The Loudest Yard', 'Two Boys and a Baby', 'The Sound of Silence', and 'Get the Message'. To make matters worse, there are even episodes in which Lincoln is consistently tortured and/or beaten up badly, like 'It's a Loud, Loud, Loud, Loud House', 'One of the Boys', and 'Brawl in the Family'. I also find it really annoying that Lincoln is too much of a wimp to fight back. In the words of that beaver kid from Fantastic Mr. Fox, "Why is your brother such a wet sandwich?"
That's why my next story will be a Nicktoons version of Disney's Mulan, though there will be appearances of several Loud House characters. However, instead of having a female protagonist dress up as a boy, A Loud Legend, the name of my next story, will have a male character with feminine traits, because of growing up with many sisters. That's right! Lincoln Loud will take the place of Fa Mulan. Instead of having ten sisters, however, Lincoln will have seven sisters, so Lola and Lisa will not appear in the story. However, Lynn WILL appear in the story, but she'll appear as a horse, taking the place of Kahn, Mulan's horse in the original film. If Lynn acted like a dog in the episode 'Picture Perfect', then it would only make sense for her to be the horse. Not to mention that I can't think of that many Nicktoons characters that are horses.
Besides, who in their right mind would want to raise eleven children at the same time? I know it's a cartoon, but that's just insane!
Also, the remaining siblings will be aged by 4 years, being four years older than in the original series: Lincoln will be 15, Lori will be 21, Leni will be 20, Luna will be 19, Luan will be 18, Lucy will be 12, Lana will be 10, and Lily will be 5.
For Mushu, the hilarious pint-sized dragon, I used Craig, the snake from Sanjay and Craig, but made him into a serpent the size of a garter snake.

Image result for Craig the snake from Sanjay and Craig
I know what some of you are thinking. "That show was a piece of garbage and was a ripoff of Adventure Time and Regular Show! It was nothing but potty humor!" I understand, but I couldn't think of many Nicktoons dragons, let alone reptiles, that are small enough to carry. For those who despise Sanjay and Craig, I promise I won't include as much potty humor or gross-out gags as in the show.
For Li Shang, I used Ronnie Anne Santiago, younger sister of Bobby Santiago, Lori's boyfriend. She's a bit of a Latino equivalent of Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold, though not as occurring or as deep as Helga. So far, she only appeared in three episodes.

Image result for Ronnie Anne Santiago from The Loud House
Like Lincoln, Ronnie Anne in this story will also be aged to 15, because what adult men would want to listen to an 11-year-old female captain? Bobby will also be aged to 21.
For Cri-Kee, Mulan's lucky cricket, I used Flecko, a fly character who would appear on occasions in Rocko's Modern Life.

Image result for Flecko from Rocko's Modern Life
For the matchmaker at the beginning of the film, I used Ed Bighead, the grumpy old toad from Rocko's Modern Life. Lincoln will be applying for a job in this story.
Image result for Ed Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life
For the gang of three, Ling, Chen-Po, and Yao, I cast Sid (from Hey Arnold) as Ling...
Image result for Sid from Hey Arnold
Heffer Wolfe (from Rocko's Modern Life) as Chen-Po...
Image result for Heffer Wolfe
And Harold Berman (another Hey Arnold character) as Yao. The Hey Arnold characters will also be older in this story, about 25 or so.
Image result for Harold Berman from Hey Arnold
For the cranky Chi-Fu, I used Squidward Tentacles, SpongeBob's grumpy next-door neighbor, but made him human.
For the wise nameless Emperor, I used Really Really Big Man, from Rocko's Modern Life.
In this story, Really Really Big Man will be human, and will have a secret identity known as 'Kenneth Thompson', named after his voice actor, Tom Kenny.
And finally, for the threatening Shan-Yu, I used Oonski the Great, a beaver Viking from Breadwinners who wears a turtle shell as a helmet.
Image result for Oonski the Great from Breadwinners
I chose him because he's the closest character I could find to Shan-Yu, and I thought it would be funny to use a character from a show that many people don't like as a villain. Instead of having a falcon like Shan-Yu, Oonski will have an anhinga, a long-necked predatory bird that lives near freshwater. The Pokemon Fearow is based on this species of bird. I would imagine it to be drawn in the style of The Wild Thornberrys.
Anhinga anhinga -Costa Rica-8.jpg
I will begin posting A Loud Legend on March 4th.
However, I have a bit of a warning. A Loud Legend will be a bit more intense than my previous stories.
Just to let you know, I'll be on vacation in Florida from February 17th to March 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment