Saturday, July 15, 2017

My DVD Collection 4.0

My DVD Collection 4.0
Hi, everybody! Last month, my parents bought a condo in Salisbury, Massachusetts! That means I have my own room, and I got a shelf for my DVDs!
The blue DVD case actually contains two sets with two DVDs each.

Volume 1 Disc 1 contains several non-Disney and non-Warner Bros cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s. Some of the cartoon stars on this disc include Felix the Cat, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and Mighty Mouse.
Volume 1 Disc 2 contains 17 Superman cartoons. Years and years before Warner Bros required the rights to DC Comics, Fleischer Studios, who created cartoons featuring Popeye, Betty Boop, and Koko the Clown, made big-budget Superman cartoons that stayed true to the original comic books. These cartoons ran from 1941 to 1944.
Image result for Superman Fleischer cartoons
Volume 2 Disc 1 contains 26 episodes of the more obscure British-produced TV series Little Monsters. The best way to describe this show is like a cross between The Rugrats and The Smurfs. It's like The Smurfs because the characters were named after their personalities and traits (Boisterous Billy, Revolting Ronnie, Worried Winnie, Forgetful Fiona, etc), while it was similar to Rugrats because the show was about kids facing real-life situations in a humorous way. Little Monsters ran from 1998 to 1999.
And finally, Volume 2 Disc 2 contains several Popeye cartoons, ranging from the 1930s to the 1950s. Some of these cartoons are black and white, while some are in color. There's one Popeye cartoon, Bride and Gloom, that I find very similar to Mickey's Nightmare from 1932.
That's my DVD collection at Salisbury! Now let's see what I have back in Andover, Massachusetts!
These are movies I watched from July 10th to July 19th. That night, I watched Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. However, I do not own Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers or Sky High. They are rentals from the library.
I was so lucky to find Seasons 1 through 8 of The Simpsons on DVD at a school sale! These were when America's favorite non-Prehistoric cartoon family were in their prime. However, starting in Season 9, The Simpsons seemed to steadily drop in quality.
In case you can't see it, the DVD above Teacher's Pet and below Bambi is Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson.


The DVD on top of Hugo the Hippo in this pile is 1984's Splash, starring Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah.
The DVD on top of this pile is Jim Henson's The Storyteller.


The black DVD case (the one above The Prince of Egypt and below The Peanuts Movie) is Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
If you're wondering where my DVD copies of Tarzan® and Up are, I sold them, since I now have the two movies on Blu-Ray.
Well, that's my DVD/Blu-Ray collection so far! On August 9th, I'll start posting Pokemon Around the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment