Friday, March 4, 2016

Movie Review: Enchanted

Movie Review: Enchanted                                                                                                          2-18-16
Enchanted
Directed by Kevin Lima, Disney's Enchanted tells the story of a stereotypical Disney Princess named Giselle (Amy Adams), who gets transported from the animated fairytale world of Andalasia to the miserable live-action world of New York City. She gets found by a hard-working single father named Robert (Patrick Dempsey), who doesn't want his daughter to believe in happy endings. Now it's up to Prince Edward (James Marsden) to head to the Big Apple to rescue Giselle and bring her back to Andalasia.
What do I think of Enchanted? I love it! It's one of my favorite live-action movies of all time! I totally relate to Giselle because I happen to never get upset. I also find it really sad when people get divorced, because some of my friends have parents who got divorced. Besides relating to the character Giselle, there are other things to appreciate about Enchanted. There are tons of cleverly placed references and homages to previous animated Disney movies, which I will talk about another day. The songs and score from the legendary Alan Menken are catchy and sometimes relaxing to listen to. Susan Sarandon plays a wonderful role as the antagonist Queen Narissa, who is an obvious homage to the Wicked Queen from Snow White and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, though I personally think she looks like a much younger version of Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove. Also, it's very rare that Disney parodies their own cliches, and it's done nicely in this movie. Enchanted is an enjoyable unappreciated gem for every Disney fan to own, and is, in my opinion, what caused the second Disney Renaissance.
Rating: The perfect rating of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment