Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Story Announcement

Remember when I said I would post two stories within two months? Well, my first story I will post is a Pokemon version of the first How To Train Your Dragon movie, How To Train Your Dragonite!
20 years ago, the first two Pokemon games were released in Japan. That's right. Pokemon is officially 20 years old. In honor of this event, my next story will reflect on why humans shouldn't use Pokemon to fight other Pokemon for their own amusement: a Pokemon version of the DreamWorks film How To Train Your Dragon. I am not a Pokemon fan anymore, but I feel like I should write the story in honor of the celebration.
This story will take place in the Kalos region, the main location in Pokemon X and Y, because there are a lot of Dragon-type Pokemon in Kalos. For Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, I used Brendan, the male protagonist of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. For the feisty blonde Astrid Hofferson, I used Sarena, the rival/protagonist of Pokemon X and Y, depending on the player's gender. For the nerdy Fishlegs, I used Tierno, an NPC (non-playable character) in Pokemon X and Y who wants to teach Pokemon how to dance. For Snotlout Jorgenson, I used Gary Oak, the grandson of Professor Oak and rival in Pokemon Red and Blue, as well as the remakes Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen. For the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, I used Ryan and Bryan, who are exclusive to the Pokemon anime. Their Pokemon were Croconaw, a Water-type crocodilian, and Quilava, a Fire-type mustelid. However, in this story, like Ruffnut and Tuffnut, they will share a multi-headed dragon: Hydreigon. And finally, for the adults, I used Norman, the father of Brenden/May in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, depending on the player's gender, for Stoick, and Dexio, an assistant of Professor Sycamore in Pokemon X and Y, as Gobber.

Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Brendan.png
In case you forgot, this is what Brendan looked like in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, as well as the remakes, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Now let's move on to the dragons. For Toothless, the last known Night Fury, I used Dragonite, one of the very first Dragon-type Pokemon, and probably one of the best. I know others would have chosen Flygon or Noivern, but I chose Dragonite because it lives near water, and for most of the film, Toothless lives near a lake.
 Dragonite
For the dinosaur-like Deadly Nadder, I used Salamence, a Dragon/Flying Pokemon, just like Dragonite.
 Salamence
For the bee-like Gronckle, I used the pure Dragon-type Pokemon Druddigon, though may not be able to fly, despite having wings. This is probably because they lived in caves for so many years.
 Druddigon
For the Hideous two-headed Zippleback, I used Hydreigon, a Dark/Dragon-type Pokemon with three heads, two of which where its front feet should be.
 Hydreigon
For the Monstrous Nightmare, a dragon that can light itself on fire, I used Charizard, despite not being part Dragon.
 Charizard
For the small but feisty Terrible Terror, I used Heliolisk, a Normal/Electric reptile found in rocky areas. I am aware that it's based on a frilled lizard, a unique species of reptile found in Australia, and not a dragon, but it's the smallest reptilian Pokemon I could think of in its final stage.
 Heliolisk
And finally, for the Red Death, the mother of all dragons, I used Zygrade, because that Pokemon is said to be feared in all of Kalos. And like Mewtwo in Pokemon Red and Blue, you can only find it in a hidden cave after you've beaten the Elite Four.
 Zygarde 50% Forme
For the dragons that are mentioned, but not seen, I used Dragalge, Garchomp, Onix, Sceptile, Marowak, Gyarados, and Eelektross.
PS. If you're wondering how I am going to make Heliolisk fly, they will strap themselves to balloons. In Pokemon X and Y, there's a special balloon item that can make a Pokemon float in midair. It can be obtained after beating the game.
I will start posting my story April 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment