Friday, May 17, 2019

Born to be Wild Chapter 16

After another long hour of walking, Kelsey collapsed on the ground. Mortimer woke her up to show her something.
"Dad," She said. "I don't want to go to school. I'll miss all the action at the Creek." Kelsey soon woke up and saw something: A small house with a small airplane next to it, and a sign that said 'cheap flights'!
"This must be it, Mortimer!" Said Kelsey. She took a drink from her water bottle and ran towards the house. When she knocked on the door, she saw a skinny man in his mid 30s with the same complexion of Craig. Perhaps this was Joel Kendrick!
"Welcome to Kendrick's Cheap Flights, the best flights on this side of Congo!" He said. "My name is Joel Kendrick. May I help you, today?"
"My name is Kelsey Pokoly." She said. "I have come all the way from Herkleston, Maryland, and I am looking for a flight home." She then handed Joel 15,000 Congolese francs.
"Sorry, kid." He said. "But that isn't enough. You need at least 50,000 francs if you want a flight." This made Kelsey mad.
"Listen, buddy!" She said, pulling out her 'sword' and facing it towards his face. "I had to travel thousands of miles from home fighting someone older than me, having vaccines, walking under the scorching sun, and fending off a dragon! If you don't accept my money, I'll have no choice but to fight you."
"Alright!" He said. "Alright! I don't want you to cause a scene. I'll take your money, but you'll have to release your parakeet."
"He's a falcon." Said Kelsey. "And he's my pet. He already had to fly from Maryland to Guyana."
"Alright!" Said Joel. "He can come on the plane. Gosh, I never worked for so little. Get on the plane please." Kelsey and Mortimer got on the small plane, about the size of two go-karts, and Joel got in the driver's seat.
"Please keep your arms, legs, wings, and tails in the plane until we reach our destination." Said Joel. "We are leaving in five, four, three, two, one!" He turned the key next to the steering wheel around, and the plane took off. While in the air, Kelsey decided to write an email to her dad on her phone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in Herkleston, it was dinner time, and Neil Pokoly was eating soup all by himself. He kept a photo of Kelsey by his side at the table so he wouldn't feel as lonely. Just then, his phone gave an alert. He opened it up and saw something he couldn't believe: An email from Kelsey!
Dear dad,
I am now on a plane back to Maryland, and I'll likely be back by 7 or 8 PM. Meet me at the St. Mary's Parking Lot in St. Mary's City, Maryland. If you want, you can ground me for eternity! I can just read the books in my room and have Craig and JP come over each day. I love you!
Sincerely, Kelsey Pokoly
When Neil finished reading the email, he decided that, after dinner, he would drive to St. Mary's City so he could see his beloved Kelsey again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After an hour or so of driving, Neil arrived at the parking lot of St. Mary's College. His heart was going a mile a minute, unsure of what would become of his daughter. Suddenly, he saw something in the sky. It was a small plane, maybe the one Kelsey boarded! Neil got out two flashlights and started waving them as a signal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the plane, Joel was looking at his GPS.
"It says here that we're right above St. Mary's City, Maryland." He said. Now we just have to wait for a signal!" Kelsey then spotted two bright lights near the college going up and down.
"Is that it?" Asked Kelsey.
"Yes!" Shouted Joel. "Hang on tight, everyone! We're gonna make a nosedive!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After ten minutes, the plane finally landed in the parking lot. Kelsey, Mortimer, and Joel got out of the plane, and Neil started running towards Kelsey and gave her a big hug.
"I'm so happy you're safe," He said. "But I'm also mad. Don't you know you could've been stricken by Malaria?"
"It's fine, dad." Said Kelsey. "I got six vaccines during the long boat trip." She then showed Neil three stickers on both of her arms, six in total.
"Was the doctor experienced?" He asked.
"I think so." Answered Kelsey. "Am I going to get punished?"
"Yes." Answered Neil. "For a whole week, you'll return home from the Creek at 3 PM. Got it?"
"Yes, dad!" Said Kelsey, bowing down to her father. Neil then walked over to the stranger and asked for his name.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"My name is Joel Kendrick." Said the stranger. "I come all the way from Africa, in which I schedule cheap flights, and I returned your daughter. Do I get paid?" Neil then searched through his purse.
"As a reward for returning my beloved daughter home," He said. "I will give you $50." Neil then handed Joel five 10-dollar-bills.
"Wow!" Said Joel. "That's enough money to pay my bill for another month!"
"Bye, Mr. Kendrick!" Said Kelsey, as she, Neil, and Mortimer went in the car and headed back to Herkleston.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Craig, Kelsey, JP, and Mortimer finally reunited with one another after a whole week. Kelsey looked around the Creek and noticed how clean it looked.
"What happened while I was gone?" She asked.
"My grandmother held a speech that encouraged everyone to make Herkleston more environmentally friendly." Answered Craig. "They just ordered a wind turbine, and once it arrives, they'll start building it."
"Too bad Wildernessa can't be with us." Said JP. "She is still grounded for another week."
"That's alright." Said Kelsey. "I got grounded, too! For the next week, I have to return home at 3 PM. Could you pretend to be a dragon so I could train to be a better warrior?"
"How about a dinosaur?" Asked JP.
"That'll work!" Said Kelsey, getting out her 'sword'. She started chasing JP, who was walking on all fours, while Craig sat down on a rock to check his email. He saw a new email from Buddy in Montana.
Dear Craig,
After five days, the badger you broke out of the Maryland Zoo has finally adapted to life on the prairie. She is living happily in a burrow that once belonged to a fox, and has successfully caught some mice. Thank you so much for caring about the prairie.
Your friend, Buddy
After Craig finished reading the email, JP started wailing 'in pain' from being 'slain' by Kelsey.
"Oh, the pain!" He said. "And I was the last of my kind!"
"Kelsey! JP!" Said Craig. "Let's go to Sun Rock to see if we can communicate with Helen again! But we should get a blanket in case it's cold."
"But what about King of the Hill Hill?" Asked JP.
"That can always wait for another day." Replied Craig. "Besides, it's finally been a month! Maybe Helen has returned! And we could tell her about the adventures we had!"
"Kelsey never turns down a challenge." Said Kelsey. "I'm joining you!" The three friends and bird then grabbed a blanket from the stump and headed over to Sun Rock to write another letter to Helen. However, none of them were aware that Wildernessa was watching from her bedroom window.
"Thank you, Craig." She said.
THE END
Author's Note: I was originally going to have the gang visit the Ninja Kids, but after the events of 'Jacob of the Creek', they'd probably be mad at him.
The Sun Rock was a location in the Craig of the Creek episode 'Doorway to Helen' that Helen (whom the other kids think is from another dimension) liked to sit at. She thinks it's warm, but Craig, Kelsey, JP, and Mortimer thought it was freezing.

If you're wondering what happened to Blink, he's back at Craig's house. Stacks leant Craig a book on how to take care of a pet gecko. Duane and Nicole take care of Blink when Craig's out of the house.
Well, that's my fanfic Born to be Wild! As I promised, the Alternate Opening for Born to be Wild will be posted tomorrow, and I'll explain why it had to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment