Thursday, August 25, 2016

Story Announcement #5

Can I tell you something? I LOVE The Muppets. In fact, Jim Henson is my idol! After hearing The Muppets 2015 got cancelled, I felt a bit sad, because the world needs Muppets. That's why my next story will be a Muppet story: A Muppets version of Disney•Pixar's Monsters Inc, simply called Muppets Incorporated. I chose Monsters Inc because director Pete Docter stated he was a Muppet fan himself. Also, I feel like the story, humor, and tone of the movie fits the Muppets perfectly.
For the big blue lovable lug, James P Sullivan, I used Splurge, one of the very first full-bodied Muppets, as early as 1965.

For Mike Wazowski, I used an OC named Mark Fazakas, named after legendary puppet builder Faz Fazakas. He is a green Muppet with one eye and Shrek-like ears. I imagine him to be voiced by Steve Whitmire, using his Rizzo voice.
I'm sorry I didn't give him any legs. Most of the time, hand puppet characters can only be seen from the waist up.
For Randall Boggs, I used Lenny the Lizard. He is a more obscure Muppet who would occasionally appear on The Muppet Show. I chose him as Randall because, in The Muppets Character Encyclopedia, they said Lenny the Lizard is part chameleon.
Lenny the Lizard
For Celia Mae, Mike Wazowksi's girlfriend with snakes for hair, I used Miss Piggy, with the feather boa constrictor from the Juliet Prowse episode around her neck.
Juliet Prowse
I know that I should've used Kermit as Mike in this case, but in this story, Kermit plays Charlie, the monster who says '23-19!'.
For Henry J Waternoose, I used JP Groose. He was Scooter's selfish uncle who owns the Muppet Theater. It's hard to believe they're related. Thankfully, he only appeared in three episodes of The Muppet Show.
JPGrosse
For Roz, I used Gladys the Lunch Lady. She worked in the cafeteria during Season 3 of The Muppet Show, and I think her looks and personality fit Roz perfectly.
Gladys Muppet Show
And finally, for Boo, I imagine her to be played by Mia Talerico. You may recognize her on the Disney Channel show Good Luck, Charlie, as the baby of the family, Charlotte 'Charlie' Duncan.
Image result for Mia Talerico
I am aware that she may be a bit old to play Boo now, but she did such a good job on Good Luck, Charlie.
For everyone else, I used many different Muppets from different projects. Some you may recognize, some you may not.
I will begin posting Muppets Inc on September 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment