Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Land before Kanto Chapter 4

It was now nighttime. It was raining, and Little Leaf was trying to find his mother after the earthquake. He found her, but she was laying on the ground, exhausted after the fight with Earthtooth.

"Come on, mom. Get up." Little Leaf said.
"I don't think I can, Little Leaf." She said.
"Yes you can." Said Little Leaf. She tried to get up, but it was no use.
"Dear, Little Leaf," She said. "Do you remember the way to the great valley?"
"How am I supposed to know?" Answered Little Leaf. "You're going to be with me."
"I'll always be with you, even if you can't see me."
"What do you mean if I can't see you? I can always see you."
"Listen to your heart, Little Leaf. It whispers, so listen..." Those were her last words before she stopped breathing and died. This dramatized Little Leaf.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day when Little Leaf was walking, he fell into a pit and bumped into a Bastiodon.
"Hey, what's going on here?" He said. The Steel-Type Pokemon noticed tears coming out of Little Leaf's eyes. "What's your problem? You're not hurt."
"It's not fair." Said the Chikorita. "She should've known better. That was Earthtooth. It's all her fault."
"All whose fault?" The Bastiodon asked.
"My mother's."
"Oh, I see." Said Rooter, the Bastiodon.
"Why did I wander so far from home?" Little Leaf mourned.
"It's not your fault." Said Rooter. "It's not your mother's fault. Now you pay attention to old Rooter, here: it is nobody's fault. The great circle of life has begun. But you see, not all of us arrive together."
"What will I do?" Asked Little Leaf. "I miss her so much."
"You'll always miss her." Rooter continued. "But she'll always be with you, as long as you remember what she taught you. In a way, you'll never be apart, for you're still apart of each other."
"My tummy hurts."
"That too will go in time."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first, Little Leaf could only think about his mother. He hardly noticed his hunger and forgot that he had to get to the great valley. Then one day, a Sweet Herb was floating in the wind. It landed in a footstep where Little Leaf was sleeping in. At this point, he was now a Bayleef.
"Dear, Little Leaf..." His mother's voice could be heard through the herb. "Do you remember the way to the Great Valley?" He shook his head no.
"Follow the bright circle to the rock that looks like a Meganium and past the mountains that burn." He picked up the herb and continued to walk. But then, he saw a large shadow. It must be his mother! However, when he came close and started to lick it, it was just his own shadow.
Now Little Leaf knew he was all alone, and he must make it to the great valley, or the chain of life will be broken. The Bayleef then noticed Erin, who was now a Lairon.
"Erin, what are you doing here?" Asked Little Leaf.
"I'm trying to find my own kind." She replied. "What are you doing?"
"I'm going to the great valley." Answered Little Leaf. "Want to come with me?"
"No thanks."
"At least we won't be alone."
"Well, when I find my sisters, I won't be alone, so go away." Erin replied, but she fell into a hole in the ground. "Aagron can be very dangerous! They only hang out with other Aagron, and they only travel with other Aagron!" Little Leaf decided to continue on his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment