Saturday, July 8, 2023

Chip n Dale 2: Wrath of Pickles Chapter 4

Soon enough, the Rescue Rangers arrived at Dr. Scratchansniff’s house. Dale, with Monty by his side, knocked on the door to see the German psychiatrist.

“Hello?” He asked. “Anybody here? I heard my doorbell ring.” He then looked at the welcome mat to see Dale standing there. “Why, if it isn’t Dale! What brings you here?”

“My friend has a cheese addiction.” He said. “Do you suppose you could help him out?”

“Sure!” Said Dr. Scratchansniff. “Every Saturday, I hold a meeting with other Toons on their addictions.”

“Well, could he stay with you?” Asked Dale. “He can’t join our mission without having cheese attacks.”

“Okay.” Said the doctor. “Besides, it gets lonely when it’s just me in the house. I’ll cure this mouse of his dairy addictions within a month. Maybe shorter! Anyway, you should get going! I read on an online article that you and Chip are going to rescue CGI Toons.”

“Okay!” Said Dale, grabbing a ladder from the Rescue Plane. “We’ll see you after the weekend, Monty!” The Rangers then flew off to see the next CGI Toon to get kidnapped by Angel Paradise: Gru of Despicable Me fame.

“Now, Monterey Jack.” Said Dr. Scratchansniff, picking up the mouse and entering his house. “Now, let’s see some of my other patients.” When the two made it to the living room, there were three unfamiliar faces, all of whom were 2D: A witch with white skin, gray hair, and a red dress, a yellow ambiguous creature with a big round head, and an anime-esque human with brown hair and green eyes.

“Now then.” Scratchansniff began. “Edalyn, Cheese, Bolin, this is Monterey Jack. He has an addiction just like you. Will each of you please introduce yourselves?”

“My name is Eda Clawthorne.” Said the witch. “I was a co-star on The Owl House, no relation to The Loud House, and I have an addiction to apple blood.”

“Apple blood?!” Screamed Monty. “You’re a vampire!”

“Don’t blow a gasket, rat boy.” Said Eda. “Apple blood is just what we call apple cider on our show. There's an alcoholic and nonalcoholic brand.”

“Cheese.” Said Otto. “Could you introduce yourself next?”

“Hi, doggy!” Said Cheese. “I like chocolate milk.”

“And is that what you’re addicted to?” Monty asked. “Chocolate milk?”

“I like chocolate milk.” Cheese responded.

“He has a bit of a one-track mind.” Said Scratchansniff. “And last, but not least, is Bolin. He was on The Legend of Korra, a sequel to the beloved 2000s cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. Could you tell us about yourself, Bolin?”

“I was the plucky comic relief on the show.” Bolin replied with annoyance. “I was basically the typical dumb character who was also very strong. I also have an addiction to… noodles.”

“Noodles?!” Monty started laughing. “And I thought I had problems!”

—----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the Rescue Rangers flew to Gru’s house, which was an exact replica of his house from the movies.

“According to their website,” Dale began. “Their next victim is Gru of Despicable Me fame, and this is where he lives.” Gadget then spotted the Angel Paradise truck driving towards the house.

“Look!” She said. “That must be the Angel Paradise truck!” When the car parked in the driveway, who they saw come out shocked the rodents and bug.

“Is that… Angelica Pickles?” Asked Chip. “Why does she look different?”

“Perhaps she got CGI surgery, just like me.” Said Dale.

“And look what she has in her pocket!” Said Zipper. “It’s a USB drive.” When Angelica made it to the front door, she knocked on the door, and Gru came out.

“Is this a girl scout or something?” He asked. “If so, go bother the Minions next door. They go bonkers over it.”

“This isn’t a cookie truck.” Said Angelica. “I’m here to give you a vacation.”

“Sorry, but that’s a no.” Said Gru. “Agnes is in high school, and she needs all the help she can get!”

“But you need a vacation!” Said Angelica. “Mommy and daddy said that if I don’t get a least 25,000 dollars by the end of the week, they’ll send me to the orphanage!” She then started to cry.

“Okay, okay.” Said Gru. “Enough of the waterworks. I’ll go on a vacation. The Minions can watch her for a few days.”

“Thank you so much!” Said Angelica, grabbing Gru’s hand. “Let me walk you over to the car. You must be a thousand years old!”

“I’m much younger than that, thank you very much.” Said Gru. As they walked over to the truck, Angelica thought of a clever plan to get Gru into the USB drive.

“I think there’s a present in the trunk!” Said Angelica.

“You gotta be pulling on my leg!” Said Gru, walking over to the trunk. He opened it, but nothing was inside.

“Now I gotcha!” Said Angelica, zapping Gru with her USB drive and making him vanish. Angelica could’ve gotten sucked in too, but she wore 2D gloves. She gave out a maniacal laugh, went inside the truck, and drove like a lunatic.

“We have to stop her!” Said Gadget, lowering the Ranger Plane to just below the truck, where they’d follow the toddler to the secret hideout.

Author’s Notes: Dr. Scratchansniff was a psychiatrist on Animaniacs who would use his tactics to try taming the Warner Siblings. However, he wasn’t always that successful.

Cheese was a character on Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends who thought and acted differently than other characters, humans and imaginary friends alike. Cheese didn’t talk much, but when he did, it would usually be something like ‘I like chocolate milk’ or ‘Hello, doggies’. He also had a habit of screaming if something didn't go his way.

Apple blood was a beverage on The Owl House that the characters would drink on the Boiling Aisles (where the show took place). Eda apparently had an addiction to apple blood.

Apparently, Bolin on The Legend of Korra would go high on noodles.

I was going to have Hammy from Over the Hedge and Flapjack from The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack at the meeting, but then I decided that Eda, Cheese, and Bolin were enough.

You read right: There are two Angelicas in this story. One is Angelica from the CGI Paramount+ reboot…

And the other is the original Angelica as an adult. I’d imagine she’d look something like this.

These were designs from former Rugrats storyboard artist Eric Molinsky, which were drawn in late 2015.

And if you’re wondering what happened to the other Despicable Me girls, I’d imagine that Margo is now in her 20s and living on her own, while Edith is in college learning about martial arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment