Sunday, April 17, 2016

How To Train Your Dragonite Chapter 11

"It totally makes sense." Said Serena. "It's like a giant Combee hive. They're the workers and that was their Vesipquen. It controls them. Let's find your dad."
"No!" Brendan pleaded. "They'll kill Toothless. We have to think through this carefully."
"Brendan," Said Serena. "We just discovered the Dragons' nest, the thing we've been after since Vikings first settled here, and you want to keep it a secret? To protect your pet Dragon? Are you serious?"
"Yes." Answered Brendan. Serena was surprised.
"What are we going to do?" She asked.
"Just give me until tomorrow." Said Brendan. "I'll figure something out." Serena then punched Brendan.
"That's for kidnapping me." She said, before kissing him on the cheek. "That's for everything else."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, everyone in Cyllage was waiting for Brendan to kill the Monstrous Charizard.
"Well, I can show my face in public again!" Said Norman. "If someone had told me that in a few short weeks, Brendan would go from being a loser to placing first in dragon training, I would have tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad! And you know it. But here we are. And no one is more surprised or more proud than I am. Today, my boy becomes a Viking!"
Outside, near the entrance of the arena, Brendan was waiting, hearing what Norman had to say. Serena was by his side.
"Be careful with that Dragon." She said.
"It's not the Dragon I'm worried about." Admitted Brendan.
"What are you going to do?" She asked.
"Put an end to this." He answered. "I have to try. Serena, if something goes wrong, just make sure they don't find Toothless."
"I will." Said Serena. "Just promise me it won't go wrong."
"It's time, Brendan." Said Dexio. "Knock them dead, but not literally." Brendan put on his helmet and entered the ring. Everyone was cheering on him. The only weapons he picked up were a shield and a knife.
"I'm ready." He said. The cage opened, revealing an orange Dragon Pokemon with fire all over its body. It was the Monstrous Charizard. The fire on its body subsided, except for the tip of its tail. It walked out, breathing a devastating Fire Blast. Brendan dropped his equipment and started trying to calm the Charizard down.
"What is he doing?" Asked Norman.
"Hey, it's okay." Brendan said to the Charizard. "It's okay. I'm not one of them." He threw his helmet to the ground. It surprised everyone.
"Stop the fight." Commanded Norman.
"No!" Said Brendan. "I need you all to see this. They're not what you think they are. We don't have to kill them." Before he could place his hand on the Charizard's forehead, Norman banged a piece of metal with a hammer. The Charizard got back into its battle rage and started chasing Brendan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a faraway distance, Toothless could hear Brendan screaming. He hopped up the rocks, because his sail was closed, and started to clumsily fly to Brendan's aid.
While that was happening, Serena pried the arena door open with her axe and came to Brendan's aid. This did not please Norman. She threw an axe at the Charizard, making him lose him concentration. However, he noticed Serena, and started chasing her. Norman opened the cage and grabbed Serena before she got singed, leaving only Charizard and Brendan in the ring. Charizard grabbed Brendan and was about to use Blast Burn on him, but then, Toothless flew into the ring and started fighting the Fire-type Pokemon. This surprised everyone, because no one has ever seen a Dragonite before. Toothless eventually beat the Charizard, but it didn't end there. In a matter of seconds, Vikings stormed into the ring to slay the Dragonite. This included Norman.
"Dad, he won't hurt you!" Pleaded Brendan. Vikings of all shapes and sizes started tackling Toothless.
"Lock him up with the others!" Ordered Norman. "I have a bone to pick with Brendan."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman and Brendan walked into a closet, giving privacy to the both of them.
"I should have known." Said Norman. "I should have seen the signs. We had a deal!"
"I know we did." Said Brendan. "That was before... It's all so messed up."
"So everything in the ring was a trick? A lie?"
"I screwed up. I should have told you before now. I just... Take this out on me, be mad at me, but please don't hurt Toothless!"
"The Dragon? That's what you're worried about? Not the people you almost killed?"
"He was protecting me! He's not dangerous."
"They killed hundreds of us!"
"And we killed thousands of them! They defend themselves, that's all! They raid us because they have to. If they don't bring enough food back, they'll be eaten themselves. There's something else on their island. It's a Dragon like..."
"Their island? So you've been to the nest?"
"Did I say nest?"
"How did you find it?"
"I didn't find it. Toothless did. Only a Dragon can find the island." This gave Norman an idea. He would use Toothless to find their way to Dragon Island and destroy their nest. Brendan tried to stop Norman, but he was too strong.
"You are not a Viking." He said. "You are not my son."

No comments:

Post a Comment