Friday, April 15, 2016

How To Train Your Dragonite Chapter 9

That night, when he was at home, Brendan was on his desk with an exhausted look on his face, but then he heard his father's footsteps.
"Dad! You're back!" Brendan exclaimed.
"I came looking for you." Said Norman.
"You did?"
"You've been keeping secrets."
"I have?"
"Just how long did you think you could hide it from me?"
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it. So, let's talk... About that Dragon."
"Oh, Arceus. Dad, I'm so sorry. I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how to..." Norman then gave out a hearty laugh.
"You're not upset?" Asked Brendan.
"What?!" Said Norman. "I was hoping for this!"
"You were?" Asked Brendan.
"And believe me, it only gets better!" Norman continued. "Wait until you spill a Druddigon's guts for the first time! And mount your first Salamence head on a spear! What a feeling! You really had me going there, kiddo! All those years of the worst Viking Cyllage has ever seen. Of course, it was rough. I almost gave up on you. But now, you're a master Dragon slayer! Oh, Tornadus the Mighty! With you doing so well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about. Here's a bit of a gift." He gives Brendan a helmet with Tauros horns on it.
"Wow. Thanks." Replied Brendan.
"It was the same helmet your mother wore." Said Norman. "Wear it proudly. You deserve it. You've held up your end of the deal."
Brendan gave a fake yawn. "Well, look at the time. I should go to bed now. See you tomorrow!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Brendan and Serena were in the arena, hiding from a Druddigon.
"Stay out of my way!" Said Serena. "I'm winning this thing."
"Please, by all means." Brendan answered. Serena stealthily followed the Druddigon. However, before she could strike, the Pokemon was already sleeping by a dog.
"No!" Shouted Serena. "You, son of a half-Mankey, Ratatta-eating, Trubbish-bucket!
"I guess I'm going now..." Said Brendan.
"Not so fast." Said Dexio, grabbing Brendan with his hook hand.
"I'm kind of late for..." Stuttered Brendan.
"What?!" Asked an angry Serena. "Late for what, exactly?" She held her ax near his neck.
"Quiet down!" Said Norman. "The elder has decided." An elderly man with a blue shirt and a long beard walked into the scene. Dexio placed his hook hand over Serena, but the elder nodded no. When Dexio held his hook hand over Brendan, however, the elder nodded yes.
"You've done it, Brendan!" Said Dexio. "You get to kill the Dragon!" Tierno picked Brendan up and put him on his shoulders.
Author's Note: The 'elder' is none other than the notorious old man from Pokemon Red and Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment