Friday, April 8, 2016

How To Train Your Dragonite Chapter 2

Inside another building, Norman was having a meeting with the other Vikings.
"Either we finish them or they finish us!" He said. "It's the only way to get rid of them. If we find the nest and destroy it, the Dragons will leave. They'll find another home!" He drove a knife into the fabled 'Dragon Island', which was drawn on a map. "One more search before the snow starts."
"Those ships never come back." Said a Viking.
"We're Vikings." Retorted Norman. "It's an occupational hazard. Now who's with me?" Many people didn't want to fight, so they backed away.
"All right." Norman continued. "Those who stay will look after Brendan." Everyone then raised their hand.
"I'm with you, Norman!" Said Dexio.
"No," Said Norman. "I need you to stay and train some new recruits." It was just him and Dexio in the room now.
"Perfect." Said Dexio. "And, while I'm busy, Brendan can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor-sharp blades, lots of time to himself. What could possibly go wrong?"
"What am I going to do with him, Dexter?"
"You could put him in training."
"No, I'm serious."
"So am I."
"He'd be killed before the first Dragon is out of its cage."
"You don't know that."
"I do, actually. From the time he could crawl, he's been... different. He doesn't listen. He has the attention span of a Pidove. I take him fishing and he goes hunting for Pawniards."
"Pawniards exist! They put holes in your socks, but only the left ones. I wonder why."
"When I was a boy," Started Norman. "My father told me to bang my head against a rock and I did it. I thought it was crazy, but I didn't question him. Want to know what happened next?"
"You got a headache?"
"The rock split in two. It taught me what a Viking could do, Dexter. He could climb mountains, cut down forests, and tame seas! Even as a boy, I knew what I had to become. Brendan is not that boy."
"You can't stop him, Norman. You can only prepare him. I know it sounds hopeless, but you won't always be around to protect him. He's going to get out there again, and he's probably out there now."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dexio was right. Brendan was outside, trying to find the place where the Dragonite crashed.
"Oh, Arceus hates me." He said to himself. "Some people lose their knife or their mug. Not me. I manage to lose an entire Dragon." He smacked a branch, but then it smacked back. Brendan then noticed a tree that was almost snapped in two. There's no way a bird Pokemon would've crashed into it. Brendan examined the trail the unknown Pokemon made in the ground and followed it. Suddenly, he saw a Dragonite! He got his knife out and slowly crept towards it.
"Oh, wow." He said. "I did it. I did it! This fixes everything! I have brought down this mighty beast!" Brendan accidentally stepped on the Dragonite's arm, causing it to moan. Brendan got his head back in the game and was about to wound the Dragonite, but he couldn't. The Dragon looked miserable. Instead, Brendan cut the ropes, letting the Dragon loose. When the Dragonite was free, he pinned Brendan to a rock, screeched at him, and flew off.
Author's Note: In the Pokemon world, Arceus is said to be the creator of everything. In other words, it's the Pokemon equivalent of God. So in this story, instead of characters saying stuff like "Oh my God", they will say "Oh my Arceus".

No comments:

Post a Comment