Saturday, July 30, 2016

Cartoon Network vs. Nickelodeon: Breakdown Showdown

Breakdown Showdown
Well, it's finally here: The Breakdown Showdown! I'll tally up the results and determine which channel is better!
Battle 1 (The Rugrats vs. The ORIGINAL! PowerPuff Girls)- Cartoon Network
Battle 2 (Ren and Stimpy vs. Cow & Chicken)- Cartoon Network
Battle 3 (Invader ZIM vs. Billy and Mandy)- Cartoon Network
Battle 4 (Jimmy Neutron vs. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends)- Cartoon Network
Battle 5 (Camp Lazlo vs. Harvey Beaks)- Nick
Battle 6 (Catsrcatch vs. My Gym Partner's a Monkey)- Nick
Battle 7 (SpongeBob SquarePants vs. Chowder)- Nick
Battle 8 (Hey Arnold! vs. Steven Universe)- Nick
Battle 9 (Avatar: The Last Airbender vs. Over the Garden Wall)- Nick
Battle 10 (We Bare Bears vs. The Loud House)- Nick
Bonus Round (Rocko's Modern Life vs. Dexter's Laboratory)- Nick
And the winner is... Boy, this certainly surprised me. The winner is Nickelodeon! A few years ago, many people felt like a lot of TV channels, especially Nickelodeon, lost their spark. With the surplus of live-action shows with unlikeable characters and, what the silly creatures (humans)  refer to as 'baby shows' (the Nick Jr. Block), Nick has probably turned from orange to green. However, after requiring the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Nicktoons veterans Chris Savino, Craig Bartlett, CH Greenblatt, and Stephen Hillenburg returning, it seems like Nick managed to get back on their feet. Congratulations, Nickelodeon! Let's hope the long-awaited series finale for Hey Arnold, the fabled 'Jungle Movie', turns out to be a success! We'll have to wait until next year for that one.
For the Nicktoons fans at home, just try avoiding The Mighty B, Breadwinners, Pig, Goat, Banana, Cricket, and newer episodes of The Fairly OddParents.
Don't feel left out, Cartoon Network! I know you didn't win this time, but I have a score sheet containing nine shows that I left out, four of which were NOT produced by Cartoon Network Studios.
Johnny Bravo:👍 While not as memorable as early Cartoon Network shows like Dexter's Lab or The PPGs, Johnny Bravo has its own charm. However, I do have one question that bothers me: How come Johnny Bravo, who is an adult, is living at home with his mother, but not in college or his own apartment?
Courage the Cowardly Dog:👍 Me and my sister honestly found this show a bit scary and creepy when it was on, but I can see why people like it.
Ed, Edd n Eddy:👍 This was the pinnacle of my childhood. Pure comedy gold.
Samurai Jack:👍 Only seen a handful of episodes, but I thought it was awesome.
Codename Kids Next Door:👍 The only reason this show got in here was because my friend at school would talk about it non-stop. However, I do think some of the villains are funny, especially the Toilenator.
Regular Show:👎 I know that there's lots of people out there that love Regular Show, but I honestly don't really like it that much. The character Benson makes me want to scream like Boo from Monsters Inc.
The Amazing World of Gumball:👍 This show is honestly hit-and-miss, and shares quite a few similarities to The Simpsons if you think about it.
Gumball Watterson- Bart Simpson
Darwin Watterson- Martin Prince (the fat kid who happens to be quite intelligent)
Anias Watterson- Lisa Simpson
Nicole Watterson- Marge Simpson (kind of)
Richard Watterson- Homer Simpson
Granny Jojo- Abraham Simpson (Homer's father)
Jaimie- Nelson Muntz (the 'Ha-ha!' bully kid)
Principal Brown- Principal Skinner
Deputy Doughnut- Chief Wiggum
Rob (the distorted CG cyclops)- Sideshow Bob
Larry- Jeremy Friedman (the squeaky-voiced teen) as well as Moe Syzslak
Uncle Grandpa:👎 Sorry, Cartoon Network, but this show is as stupid as a clam. The plots are ridiculous, the characters are dumb and recycled (except for Mr. Gus), and the jokes are unfunny and make no sense.
Clarence:👍 I enjoy this show because it gives me a nostalgic feel. Like I said in one of my Author's Notes for Steven and Phoebe, Clarence is best described as a cross between Ed, Edd n Eddy and Hey Arnold. Clarence, which premiered in Spring 2014, is different from previous Cartoon Network shows because it's more down-to-Earth and has more realistic situations and characters. In fact, Clarence (the character) reminds me of me. I personally wish there were more people out there that liked Clarence, because it makes me laugh like a weasel.
Well, that about ties it for my month-long event, Cartoon Network vs. Nickelodeon. However, I have a special announcement tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment