Sunday, July 31, 2016

Story Announcement #4

As a final tribute for Pokemon's 20th Anniversary, I decided to post one more Pokemon story: The Land Befoe Kanto.
Sorry. There isn't much of a story behind the story this time around. I simply made The Land before Kanto (named after the region in the very first Pokemon game) to practice my writing skills.
Anyway, for Littlefoot, the long-neck protagonist of the movie, I used Chikorita, who would later evolve into a Bayleef. I know some people would've chosen Amaura, because I feel like it doesn't grow as quickly.
For Cera, a stubborn three-horn who isn't afraid of predators, I used Aron, who would later evolve into Lairon. I know some people would've chosen Shieldon, but I used its evolved form Bastiodon as Rooter, the Scolosaurus who teaches Littlefoot about the 'Circle of Life'.
Image result for Aron, Lairon, and Aggron
For Ducky, the adorable 'big-mouth' dinosaur, I used Axew. I am aware that it may not be able to swim, but the only other Water-Type reptiles I can think of are Squirtle, Tirtouga, and Lapras.
Axew
For Petrie, the pterosaur who wants wants to fly, I used Archen, the First Bird Pokemon.
Archen
For Spike, a spike-tail with a big appetite, I used Larvitar. However, instead of eating grass, Lars, who I will name this character, will eat rocks. I am aware that Larvitar and Axew are the exact same size, but in one chapter, I will state that he grew from two feet to five feet.
Larvitar
And finally, for Sharptooth, the bloodthirsty Tyrannosaurus Rex, I used Groudon, a Ground-Type Legendary. I am aware that there's already a T-Rex Pokemon, Tyrantrum, but I felt like Groudon would be more intimidating.
Groudon
For all the other characters and creatures, I used Pokemon that would've existed during the Mesozoic Era, mainly insects, reptiles, and amphibians. The only Pokemon I used that probably didn't exist back then are Patrat and Avalugg. There will also be a cameo of a Pokemon from an upcoming game, Pokemon Sun and Moon.
The Land before Kanto was completed in February 2015 as a followup to Steven and Phoebe, though it wasn't as much as an experience.
I will begin posting The Land before Kanto on August 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment