Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Movie Review: Valiant

Movie Review: Valiant                                                                                                           7-3-16
 Valiant1.jpg
Valiant was the first animated feature from the short-lived animation studio Vanguard, and was about a pint-sized pigeon named Valiant (Ewan McGregor), who wants to become a homing pigeon during World War 2. With the help of a filthy pigeon named Bugsy (Ricky Gervais), Valiant gets into the Royal Homing Pigeon service, meets a ragtag group of pigeons, and sets off on a quest to deliver a message from France to London, while avoiding the evil German falcon General Von Talon (Tim Curry).
I find Valiant criminally underrated; It has only 31% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think it should be a little higher because I think Valiant has, while definitely not Pixar quality, good animation for its time, memorable music from George Fenton, and a stable story. The only characters I personally found interesting, besides the villain Von Talon, of course, were Lofty Worthington, the nerdy red pigeon, and a French mouse named Rollo, who's obsessed with swinging torches.
 
Anyway, Valiant, in my opinion, is a better diversion to Chicken Little, and I advise you to watch it during Memorial Day, since this film is about WW2 pigeons.
Rating: 3 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew thanks for the movie suggestion when I get older and have kids I will watch it with them.

    ReplyDelete