Friday, July 1, 2016

Movie Review: Kung Fu Panda 2

Movie Review: Kung Fu Panda 2                                                                                              6-30-16
Warning! This review contains spoilers for Kung Fu Panda 2!
I know what you're thinking: 'Why aren't you reviewing Kung Fu Panda 3?' Well, I missed out on it in theaters, so I'm going to watch and review it in August. But first, since I already talked about Kung Fu Panda 1 in Part 2 out of 3 of my Top 30 Best CGI Movies countdown, which I posted back in January. Today, I'm going to talk about Kung Fu Panda 2.
Kung Fu Panda 2 Poster
In the sequel to the 2008 hit animated film Kung Fu Panda, Po is now officially the Dragon Warrior and even has a few fans. However, an evil peacock named Lord Shen plans on destroying kung fu by replacing it with fireworks. Now it's up to Po and the Furious Five to save China from certain destruction.
Now what do I think of the film? Once again, I enjoyed it! The animation is lovely, the fight sequences are awesome, and Lord Shen is a threatening villain. Call me crazy, but I think the Kung Fu Panda films are slightly better than the (first two, at least) Shrek films. I say that because the KFP (Kung Fu Panda) films focus more on story than comedy, and Kung Fu Panda 2 does a great job at that. In this film, we learn why Po has a goose for a father: His real panda parents were 'killed' during an invasion from Shen when he was only a baby. However, at the end of the movie, it is revealed that Po's real parents are still alive in a far away valley, inhabited by pandas.
Image result for Kung Fu Panda 2- valley of the pandas
We will see the pandas again in Kung Fu Panda 3, which I will review in August.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment