Monday, July 4, 2016

Movie Review: My Girl

Movie Review: My Girl                                                                                                         7-2-16
My Girl Poster
My Girl is about a young girl named Vada (Anna Chlumsky), who is daughter of Dr. Harry Sultenfuss (Dan Aykroyd). Vada is a tomboy who has a passion for becoming an author and believes she has cancer, but everyone thinks she's fine. The only friend she really has is a ridiculed boy named Thomas J (Macaulay Culkin). Their summer adventures, from first kiss to last farewell, introduces Vada to the world of adolescence. The film is set in the early 1970s, and popular songs from that era can be heard in certain scenes, and it sets the setting and tone of the film quite well. My Girl is an enjoyable and emotional family film that is perfect for the summer.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment