Sunday, September 16, 2018

Poketropolis Chapter 10

Phil drove the car to Mr. V's mansion, and Bill watched Dawn and Zach like a Watchog.
"What did you do to make Mr. V so mad at you?" Dawn asked quietly.
"I may have sold him a very expensive rug made from a Hippowdon." Replied Zach.
"Is he weak against Ground?" Asked Dawn.
"Yes." Answered Zach. The Beartics eventually arrived at Mr. V's mansion and brought Dawn and Zach inside. A door swung open, and a tall Beartic came out.
"Is that Mr. V?" Asked Dawn.
"No." Answered Zach. A taller Beartic came out of the same door.
"How about him?" Asked Dawn.
"No." An even taller Beartic came through the door.
"That's got to be him." Said Dawn.
"Stop talking." Whispered Zach. The tallest Beartic then placed his paws on the table and revealed a blue Dedenne. This Dedenne was Electric/Ice instead of Electric/Fairy so it could tolerate the extreme temperatures. This was Mr. V.
"Mr. V, sir." Said Zach. "This is a simple misunderstanding."
"Oh..." Said Mr. V. "You come here, unannounced, on the day my daughter is to be married."
"Actually," Said Zach. "We were brought here against our will, so..." He then gave out a nervous chuckle. "The point is, I did not know that it was your car, and I certainly did not know about your daughter's wedding."
"Meh." Said Mr. V. "I trusted you, Zach. I welcomed you into my home. We broke bread together. Grandmama made you a Poké Block. And how did you repay my generosity? With the rug made from a Hippowdon, which is the Keldeo's heal of my species. You disrespected me, Zach. You disrespected my Grandmama, who I buried in the Hippowdon rug." Mr. V then looked at a portrait of a Dedenne, and a Beartic crossed his heart in respect. "I told you to never show your face here again, but here you are snooping around with this.... What are you? A performer? What's with the costume?"
"Sir." Said Dawn. "I am a..."
"Mime!" Interrupted Zach. "She is a mime. This mime cannot speak. You can't speak if you're a mime."
"No, I am a cop." Said Dawn, while Zach face palmed himself. "And I'm on the Red Seaweasel case. And my evidence puts him in your car. So intimidate me all you want. I'm going to find out what you did to that otter if it's the last thing I do."
"Then I have only one request." Said Mr. V. "Say hello to Grandmama for me. Ice them."
"Whoa!" Said Zach, as a Beartic picked him up, and another picked up Dawn. "I didn't see nothing! I'm not saying anything!"
"Then you never will." Said Mr. V. A Beartic removed a rug to reveal a door that lead to ice-cold water. Another blue Dedenne, this one in a wedding dress, walked over to Mr. V.
"Oh, Daddy!" She said. "It's time for our dance!" She then saw was happening.
"What did I say?" She said. "No icing anyone at my wedding!"
"I have to, baby." Replied Mr. V. "Daddy has to. Ice them." Izuzu, the female Dedenne, then looked at Dawn.
"Wait, please!" She said. "She's the Lopunny that saved my life yesterday! From that giant doughnut."
"This Lopunny?" Asked Mr. V.
"Yeah!" Said Izuzu. "Hi!"
"Hi." Said Dawn. "I love your dress."
"Thank you." Said Izuzu.
"Oh." Said Mr. V. "Put them down." The Beartics covered the water up and placed Dawn and Zach back on the floor. "You've done me a great service. I will help you find the Floatzel. I will take your kindness and pay it forward." Mr. V then kissed Dawn on both cheeks.
-----------------------------------------------------
Zach and Dawn then attended the wedding party, in which nearly all the guests were Dedenne, and Mr. V started giving details on Red Seaweasel.
"Seaweasel is my florist." Said Mr. V. "He's like a part of the family. He had something he wanted to discuss. That's why I sent that car to pick him up, but he never arrived."
"Because he was attacked." Said Dawn.
"No." Said Mr. V. "He attacked."
"Seaweasel?" Asked Dawn.
"Seaweasel." Replied Mr. V. "He went crazy. Ripped up the car, scared my driver half to death, and disappeared into the night."
"But he's a sweet Floatzel." Said Dawn.
"Hmm." Said Mr. V. "My child, we may have evolved, but deep down inside, we're still Pokémon. If you want to find Seaweasel, talk to the driver of the car. His name is Zangief, lives in the Santalune Forest. Only he can tell you more." Zach and Dawn then headed to the Santalune Forest.
Author's Notes: Izuzu is named after the Japanese car company of the same name.
Poké Blocks are snacks Pokémon can eat in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, as well as the remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. They help Pokémon with specific contests, in a similar fashion to the Poffins in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew this blog called Poketropolis Chapter 10 is so funny, very interesting to see how the story continues on, and it was a little scary at some parts in the story. Thank you for always sharing your blogs with me. I am looking forward to reading your next blog that you send me.

    ReplyDelete