Friday, September 21, 2018

Poketropolis Chapter 15

A week later, Dawn returned to Diggersby Dunes and became a Berry farmer. She was at a stand wrapping up Cheri Berries for an Azumarill and an Azurill.
"Two dozen Cheri Berries." She said. "Have a nice day." When the Azumarill and Azurill left, Mark and Elaine couldn't help but notice how sad Dawn looked.
"Hey there, Dawn." Said Mark. "How are we doing?"
"I'm fine." She replied.
"You are not fine." Said Elaine. "Your eyes don't lie." Dawn then let out a sigh.
"Why did I think I could make a difference?" She asked.
"Because you're a trier, that's why." Answered Mark.
"You've always been a trier." Said Elaine.
"Oh, I tried." Said Dawn. "And it made life so much worse for so many innocent predators." A truck then honked.
"Not all of them, though." Said Mark. "Speak of the devil. Right on time." A truck parked next to the Berry stand, and a familiar face walked out. It was Keenan White, who was now a Ninetales.
"Is that Keenan white?" Asked Dawn.
"Yep." Answered Mark. "It sure is. We work with him now."
"He's our partner." Said Elaine. "And we never would have considered it had you not opened our minds."
"That's right." Said Mark. "Keenan is now one of the most successful pastry chefs in the Tri-Burrows." Dawn then walked over to Keenan.
"Keenan White." She said. "I'll be darned."
"Hey, Dawn." He said. "I'd just like to say I'm sorry for the way I behaved when I was a Vulpix. I had a lot of self-doubt, and it manifested itself in the form of unchecked rage and aggression. I was a major jerk."
"I know a thing or two about being a jerk." She said.
"Anyhow," Said Keenan. "I brought you all these pies." He then brought out pies from his truck. Mark and Elaine then saw two Bunnelby and a Buneary running through the garden.
"Hey, kids." Said Mark. "Don't touch those Magomarja Hibiscuses." The kids then stopped.
"There's a four Nugget word." Said Keenan. "My family always just called them Night Howlers or just Mago Berries."
"What did you say?" Asked Dawn.
"He's talking about those flowers." Said Mark. "I use them to keep Bug-Types off the produce, but I don't like the little ones going near them on account of what happened to your uncle Terry."
"Yeah." Said Elaine. "Terry ate one whole when we were kids and went completely nuts."
"He bit the dickens out of your mother." Said Mark. Gears then started turning in Dawn's brain.
"A herbivore can go savage." She said. "Night Howlers aren't Mightyenas. They're flowers! The flowers are making the predators go savage! That's it! Thank you so much!" Dawn then got in her family's truck and headed back to Poketropolis.
"Did that make sense, Elaine?" Asked Mark.
"Not one bit." She replied.
------------------------------------------------
When Dawn arrived in Poketropolis, she spotted Fax's truck, but when it opened, there was no Fenneckin inside, but a Delphox. Fax has evolved.
"Who is it?" He said, lighting up a stick in his paw.
"I need to find Zach." Said Dawn. "Please."
"He's sunbathing near a bridge." He said. Dawn then headed to the bridge where Zach was sunbathing, and she was happy to see him.
"Oh, Zach." She said. "Night Howlers aren't Mightyenas. They're toxic flowers. I think someone is targeting predators on purpose and making them go savage!"
"Wow." He said sarcastically. "Isn't that interesting?" He then took off his sunglasses and walked to the other side of the bridge.
"Wait!" Said Dawn, trying to catch up. "Listen, I know you'll never forgive me! And I don't blame you. I wouldn't forgive me, either. I was ignorant, irresponsible, and small-minded. But predators shouldn't suffer because of my mistakes. I have to fix this. But I can't do it without you. And after we're done, you can hate me all you want, and that'll be fine." She then started to cry. "Because I was a horrible friend, and I hurt you, and you can walk away know that you were right all along. I really am just a dumb Lopunny." Zach then pressed a button on his carrot pen, and it repeated what Dawn said.
"Don't worry, Carrots." She said. "I'll let you erase it in 48 hours." Dawn ran over and hugged Zach.
"You Normal-Types are so emotional." He stated, and the two of them headed to Downtown Poketropolis. Zach was tasting a pack of Pecha Berries.
"Wow, Carrots." He said. "These Berries are to die for. So, what's the plan?"
"We are gonna follow the Night Howlers." Said Dawn.
"How?" Asked Zach. Dawn then showed a picture of Gummy Shoes with her Pokétch.
"Do you know this guy?" She asked.
"I told you before." Said Zach. "I know everybody."
"Good." Said Dawn. "Because we need to find him.
----------------------------------------------
In Downtown Poketropolis, Gummy Shoes was trying to sell pirated video games.
"Check this out, folks!" He said. "All your favorite video games are right here." He pointed to Super Pichu Bros, Drifloon Fight, and The Legend of Magearna. "We even have games that aren't even released yet!" He then pointed to Smeargle Splatoon, Regice Climber 2000, and Kid Emolga Uprising. Zach and Dawn then appeared in from of Gummy.
"Well, if it isn't the king of bootlegging." Said Zach.
"We know those weren't bananas you were stealing." Said Dawn. "What were you going to do with those Night Howlers?"
"I'm not gonna tell you." Said Gummy. "And there's no way you're gonna make me." Zach and Dawn had no choice but to bring him to Mr. V.
----------------------------------------
Zach and Dawn took Gummy to Snowpoint Falls and brought him to Mr. V.
"Ice him." He said, and a Beartic was about to plunge Gummy in the freezing water.
"You dirty rat!" Said Gummy. "Why are you helping her? She's a cop!"
"And the godmother to my future granddaughter." Said Mr. V. Izuzu then ran over to her father, and she was pregnant.
"I'm going to name her Dawn." She declared.
"Now ice this Gumshoos." Said Mr. V, and the Beartic was about to drop Gummy in the water.
"Ahh! Alright, alright!" He pleaded. "Please! I'll talk! I'll talk. I stole them Night Howlers so I could sell them. They offered me what I couldn't refuse: money."
"And to whom did you sell them?" Asked Dawn.
"A Gogoat named Chuck." He said. "We got a drop spot underground. Just watch it. Chuck is the opposite of friendly. He is unfriendly." Zach and Dawn soon headed to the subway to find Chuck.
Author's Notes: In the Pokémon video games, Pokémon actually reproduce through laying eggs, regardless of species.
As you may have found out already, Mago Berries take the place of the Night Howlers in this story. A Mago Berry restores a Pokémon's health, but may confuse it if the Pokémon hates the taste.
TagMago.png
The bootleg games Gummy Shoes is trying to sell in this chapter are parodies of Nintendo's own properties such as Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Splatoon, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Balloon Fight.

1 comment:

  1. This blog called Poketropolis Chapter 15 is so surprising and I never expected that to happen in the story. Thank you for sharing your blogs with me. I am looking forward to reading your next blog that you send me.

    ReplyDelete