Monday, September 10, 2018

Poketropols Chapter 4

Before long, Dawn managed to write 200 parking tickets before noon successfully. However, once the clock struck 12, a truck honked at a Zoroark. Her parents warned her about Zoroarks, but she couldn't help but follow him. He went into an ice cream parlor called Vanillite Delights, which was made for large Ground-Types like Donphan, Hippowdon, and Mudsdale. It was run by a Donphan named Slider, and he was arguing with the Zoroark and a Fenneckin in baby clothes.
"Listen," Said Slider. "I don't know what you're doing skulking around during daylight hours, but I don't want any trouble here." Dawn secretly took out her Dark-Type Repellant. "So, hit the road."
"I'm not looking for any trouble, sir." Said Zach Wilde, the Zoroark. "I simply want to buy a Jumbo Pop for my little boy." The Fenneckin, who also had a pacifier in his mouth, put his paws against the red Jumbo Pop that was on display. Adored by this, Dawn decided to close her repellant bottle and decided to leave.
"Come on, kid." Said Slider. "Back up. Listen, buddy. What? They don't have Dark-Type ice cream joints in your part of town?"
"No, there are." Replied Zach. "It's just that my boy wants to be a Donphan when he grows up." Fax, the Fenneckin, put up a hood that looked like a Donphan, and this made Dawn tear up.
"But he won't become a Donphan!" Said Slider. "He'll become a Delphox! Read the sign, foxy: 'We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.' Beat it!"
"You're holding up the line." Said another Donphan. This made Fax cry and trumpet, because he really wanted a Jumbo Pop. Dawn decided to enter the scene and help Zach.
"Hello?" She said. "Excuse me, but are your customers aware that they're eating snot and mucus with their ice cream?" Upon hearing that, another Donphan spat his ice cream out in disgust.
"What are you talking about?" Asked Slider.
"Well," Said Dawn. "I don't want to cause any you trouble, but I believe scooping ice cream with an ungloved trunk is a Class 3 health code violation." A Donphan behind Slider dropped his ice cream and wiped it on his apron. "Which is kind of a big deal. Of course, I could let you off with a warning if you were to glove those trunks and, I don't know, finish selling this nice dad and his son a Jumbo Pop?" Slider let out a big sigh.
"Fifteen Poké Dollars." He said.
"Thank you." Said Zach. "Thank you so much." Zach then searched his pockets to find money, but to no prevail. "Are you kidding me? I don't have my wallet. I'd lose my head if it weren't attached to my neck. That's the truth. This must be the worst birthday ever, huh, little buddy? Let's go." Zach and Fax were about to leave, but Dawn felt sorry for them, so she bought the Jumbo Pop for the Zoroark. "Officer," Said Zach, holding the large popsicle. "I can't thank you enough. So kind, really. Can I pay you back?"
"Oh, no." Said Dawn. "My treat. It just burns me up to see folks with such backwards attitudes towards Dark-Types. I just want to say you're a great dad and just a real articulate fella."
"That is high-praise." Said Zach. "It's rare that I find someone so non-patronizing. Officer..."
"Lopps, Mister..."
"Wilde. Zach Wilde." He and Dawn then shook paws. Dawn then looked at Fax, who still had his Donphan hood on.
"And you, little guy." She said. "Wanna be a Donphan? Go be a Donphan. Because this is Poketropolis. Anyone can be anything." She then placed a sticker on Fax's Donphan suit.
"I tell him that all the time." Said Zach, handing the large Jumbo Pop to Fax. "Remember to give her a little bye-bye toot-toot!" Fax gave a toot-toot, and the two fox Pokémon left, and Dawn resumed working.
Author's Note: For those diehard Pokémon fans, I am aware that the Ground-Type Pokémon shouldn't eat ice cream, since Ice beats Ground. However, if I remember correctly, Fire, Rock, and Ground-Type Pokémon can drink tap water in the games without disappearing.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew this blog is amazing and you to do a fabulous job writing these blogs. Thank you so much for sharing your blogs with me. I am looking forward to reading your next blog that you send me.

    ReplyDelete