Friday, September 14, 2018

Poketropolis Chapter 8

Dawn drove in her goofy police car and found Zach with Fax in a covered baby stroller.
"Hi!" She said. "It's me again!"
"Hey, it's Officer Toot-Toot." Said Zach.
"Actually, it's Officer Lopps." Said Dawn. "And I'm here to ask you some questions about a case."
"What happened, meter maid?" Zach asked sarcastically. "Did someone steal a traffic cone? It wasn't me." Zach walked away, but Dawn drove on the sidewalk and blocked Zach's path.
"Hey, Carrots." He said. "You're going to wake the baby. I gotta get to work." Dawn then stepped out of the car.
"This is important, sir." She said. "I think your 10 Poké Dollars worth of popsicles can wait."
"Ha!" Said Zach. "I make 200 bucks a day, Fluff! 365 days a year, since I was 12. And time is money. Hop along."
"Please." Said Dawn. "Just look at this picture. You sold Mr. Seaweasel that Pawpsicle, right? Do you know him?"
"I know everybody." Said Zach. "And I also know that, somewhere, there's a toy store missing a Pokemon plush, so why don't you go back to your box?"
"Fine." She said. "Then we'll have to do this the hard way." She then attached a wheel clamp to the stroller.
"Did you just boot my stroller?" Asked Zach.
"Zachary Wilde, you are under arrest." Dawn declared.
"For what?" Asked Zach. "Hurting your feelings?"
"Felony Tax Evasion." Said Dawn. "Yeah, 200 Poké Dollars a day, 365 days a year, since you were 12. That's two decades, so times 20, which is 1,460,000 Poké Dollars, I think. I am just a dumb Lopunny after all. Anyway, according to your tax forms, you reported, let me see here, zero! Unfortunately, lying on a federal form is a punishable offense. Five years jail time."
"Well, it's my word against yours." Said Zach. Dawn then pressed a button on her pen that secretly recorded Zach's voice.
"200 bucks a day, Fluff! 365 days a year, since I was 12." Said the pen.
"Actually," Said Dawn. "It's your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you have to help me find this poor, missing Floatzel, or the only place you'll be selling Pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria. It's called a hustle, sweetheart."
"She hustled you." Said Fax from inside the stroller. He then got out and laughed. "She hustled you good! You're a cop now, Zach. You're gonna need one of these." He took the sticker Dawn gave her the other day and stuck it on Zach. "Have fun working with the fuzz! If anyone needs me, I'm going to the Mienshao dojo to evolve!" He then took off his Donphan costume, which was made of Everstone, and ran off.
"Start talking." Demanded Dawn, and Zach gave out a sigh.
"I don't know where he is." Said the Zoroark. "I only saw where he went, but it's not a place for a cute little Lopunny."
"I don't care." Said Dawn. "Get in the car."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn and Zach headed to a place in Desert Resort. At the counter was a Hypno with shaggy fur meditating loudly. However, he didn't have a pendulum, which is a trademark for Hypno. When he uncovered his eyes, he made an immediate stereotype.
"I have to pause you right there." He said. "Right now, we're all good on Poké Scout Poffins."
"Uh, no." Said Dawn. "I'm Officer Lopps, PPD. I'm looking for a missing Floatzel, Red Seaweasel, who may have frequented this establishment." She handed a photo of Red to the Hypno.
"Yeah, old Red." Said Tapes, the Hypno. "Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. But hey, you should talk to his yoga instructor. I'd be happy to take you back." Once Tapes left from behind the counter, Dawn was petrified: Tapes was naked.
"You're naked!" She shouted.
"Oh, for sure." Said Tapes. "We're a naturalist club."
"Yeah." Said Zach. "In Poketropolis, anyone can be anything. These guys choose to be naked."
"Mangi's on the other side of the pleasure pool." Said Tapes, and he opened the door to reveal naked Pokémon everywhere.
"Does this make you uncomfortable?" Asked Zach. "If so, there is no shame in calling it quits."
"Yes, there is." Said Lopps, and both of them followed Tapes.
"Some Pokémon say that the naturalist's life is weird." Said Tapes. "But want to know what I think is weird? Clothes on Pokémon!" The three of them then encountered a Girafarig, Sandslash, Zebstrika, and Typhlosion.
"Mangi is a Girafarig." Said Tapes. "She has two heads, which means she might know where Red is. Hey, Mangi. These dudes have some questions about Red the Floatzel."
"Who?" Asked Mangi.
"Red Seaweasel." Said Tapes. "He's been going to yoga class for six years?
"I'm sorry." Said a voice. "But Mangi is busy right now. If you want, you can ask me."
"Who said that?" Said Dawn.
"I'll see you momentarily." Said the voice. The yoga Pokémon then performed Downward Dog, and Mangi's tail started talking.
"At your service, ladies and gentlemen." Said the tail. "No need to be alarmed. I only bite back when I'm provoked. You're looking for Red Seaweasel?"
"Yes!" Said Dawn.
"He came here a couple Wednesdays ago." Said the head. "Make sure you get a pencil or something because this following information is important." Dawn got out her pen. "He was wearing a green cable-knit sweater vest, a new pair of corduroy slacks, and a paisley tie, sweet Windsor knot. Mangi and Tapes walked him out, and he got into this big old limousine with a silver trim. If you asked me, it needed to be repaired. Now here comes vital information: The license plate number is 29TH03."
"Thank you so much!" Said Dawn, and she and Zach left the nudist sanctuary.
"Wow." Said Tapes. "I wish my tail had a head."
"You don't even have a tail, bub." Said the tail.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I had a ball." Said Zach, exiting the naturalist's club. "You are welcome for the clue, and seeing as how any moron can run a plate, I will take that pen and bid you adieu."
"The plate." Said Dawn. "I can't run a plate. I'm not in the system yet."
"Give me the pen, please." Said Zach.
"What was it you said?" Asked Dawn. "Any moron can run a plate? Gosh. If only there were a moron around who were up in the task."
"Rabbit, I did what you asked!" Said Zoroark. "You can't keep me on the hook forever."
"Not forever." Said Dawn. "Well, I only have 36 hours left to solve the case. So can you run the plate or not?"
"Actually." Answered Zach. "I have a pal at the DMV. They don't call him 'Speed' for nothing!" Zach and Dawn then headed to the DMV.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew this blog called Poketropolis Chapter 8 is very interesting and funny as ever. Thank you so much for sharing your blogs with me. I am looking forward to reading your next blog that you send me.

    ReplyDelete