Thursday, September 13, 2018

Poketropolis Chapter 7

Chief Taki took Dawn to her office to have a word with her.
"Abandoning your post." He began. "Inciting a scurry. Reckless endangerment of Electric-Types. But to be fair, you did stop a master criminal from stealing two dozen bananas."
"I hate to disagree with you, sir," Said Dawn. "But those aren't bananas. These are Mago Berries. These Berries are known for their curviness. The curvier the Berry is, the tastier it is. I grew up on a Berry farm, so I know..."
"Shut your tiny mouth now!" Shouted Taki, putting the bag of Berries on the ground.
"Sir," Said Dawn. "I got the bad guy. That's my job."
"Your job is putting tickets on parked cars!" Shouted Taki. Gabe then started speaking through the intercom.
"Chief." He said. "Violet Seaweasel is here to see you again..." Taki pressed the button on the telephone.
"Not now." Said Taki.
"Okay." Said Gabe. "I just didn't know if you want to take her this time. She seems really upset."
"Not now!" Shouted Taki.
"Sir." Said Dawn. "I don't want to be a meter maid. I want to be a real cop."
"Do you think the mayor asked what I wanted when he assigned you to me?" Snapped Taki. "Life isn't a video game in which the levels are programmed to be easy to beat so even the dumbest of players can win. So deal with it." Mrs. Seaweasel, a Floatzel, then entered the room.
"Chief Taki?" She asked. "Five minutes of your time. Please." Gabe then entered the room and caught his breath.
"I'm sorry, sir." He said. "I tried to stop her, but she was too fast, and you know I have awful Speed. I'm going to sit down." Gabe then walked back to his desk.
"Ma'am." Chief Taki said to Violet. "I've told you. We're doing everything we can."
"My husband has been missing for two weeks." She said. "His name is Red Seaweasel." She then held a picture of him with her and her Buizels. "He's a florist with two beautiful children. He would never just disappear." Dawn looked at the picture with sadness in her eyes.
"I'll help you find him." Said Dawn.
"Thank you." Said Violet, and she gave Dawn a hug. "Bless you, little Lopunny." Taki then let out a snarl.
"Mrs. Seaweasel." He said. "Please wait outside." Taki then closed the door so no one could hear. "You're fired."
"What?" Asked Dawn. "Why?"
"Insubordination!" He said. "When I open this door, you're going to tell the Floatzel that you will not be taking the case." Taki then opened the door and saw Shockwool next to Mrs. Seaweasel.
"I just heard Officer Lopps is taking the case!" She said.
"Assistant Mayor Shockwool." He said.
"The Pokémon Inclusion Initiative is really starting to pay off." She said. "Mayor Tajiri is gonna be so jazzed!" She texted to Leroy through her Pokétch, and Chief Taki face palmed himself. "I'd say the case is in good hands. Us little guys need to stick together."
"Like glue!" Said Dawn.
"Just call me if you ever need anything, okay?" Said the Flaaffy. "You've always got a friend at City Hall, Dawn. Bye!" Taki had no choice but to let Dawn do the assignment.
"I will give you 48 hours." He said, and Dawn cheered. "That's two days to find Red Seaweasel. But, strike out, and you resign. Do we have a deal?"
"Deal!" Said Dawn.
"Splendid." Said Taki. "Officer Snorlock will give you a complete case file."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn walked back to Gabe's desk and was given a case file on Red Seaweasel.
"Here you go." He said. "One missing Floatzel." Dawn opened the file, but there was barely any information.
"That's it?!" Said Dawn.
"Yikes!" Said Gabe. "That is the smallest case file I've ever seen. Leads, none. Witnesses, none. And you're not in the computer system yet, so resources, none! I hope you didn't stake your career cracking this one." Dawn simply ignored that and examined the photo. She took Gabe's soda pop bottle and used it as a magnifying glass. In the photo, she saw Red holding a Pawpsicle.
"Pawpsicle?" She said.
"The murder weapon." Said Gabe.
"Get your Pawpsicle..." Said Dawn. That could only mean one thing: Zach might know where Red is!
"What does that mean?" Asked Gabe.
"It means I have a lead." Said Dawn, and she ran off to find Zach.

No comments:

Post a Comment