Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Loud Legend Chapter 13

Later, Lincoln was in a tent having a visit from a doctor, and everyone is waiting outside a tent. When the doctor got out of the tent, he whispered something to Ronnie Anne. She went inside and saw Lincoln with braces, acne, and fake facial hair, as well as bandages around his waist.

"I can explain." Said Lincoln. Squidward then burst into the tent.
"So it's true!" He pulled Lincoln out of the tent and revealed his true identity. "I knew there was something wrong with you; he's underaged!" Heffer, Harold, and Sid gasped, as Lincoln reminded them of a certain football-headed boy from Sid and Harold's childhoods. Squidward threw Lincoln to the snowy ground.
"You deceiving brat!" Said Squidward.
"My name is Lincoln." Said Lincoln. "I did it to save my father and sister."
"You're a disgrace!" Said Squidward.
"I didn't mean for it to go this far."
"Ultimate dishonor!"
"It was the only way. Please, believe me." Squidward just scoffed at that.
"Captain," He said to Ronnie Anne. "Are you ready for the execution?" Ronnie Anne took Grandpa Albert's sword and was about to slay Lincoln, but then she dropped the weapon.
"A life for a life." She said. "My debt is repaid. Now men, let's move out."
"But we can't just leave him here!" Said Squidward. Ronnie Anne then grabbed him by the shirt.
"I said move out." She said, and the troops all left Lincoln behind.
A little while later, Flecko set up a fire, and Lynn put her '1' blanket on Lincoln.
"I was this close." Said Craig, trying to find an arrow to roast marshmallows with. "This close to impressing the ancestors, getting the top shelf, and my own movie. All my fine work gone to waste." He found an arrow and stabbed a marshmallow with it, and roasted it by the fire.
"Hi." He said to Lincoln.
"I should never have left home." Said Lincoln.
"Hey, come on." Said Craig. "You went to save your father's and sister's lives. Who knew you'd end up shaming them, disgracing your ancestors, and losing all your friends?" The fire then went out. "You know, you just gotta learn to let these things go." The snake then started to cry.
"Maybe I didn't go to save dad and Luna." Lincoln thought out loud. "Maybe what I really wanted was to prove I could do things right for once. So when I looked in the mirror," He held his helmet on his lap and saw his reflection. "I'd see someone worthwhile. But I was wrong." A tear came down Lincoln's face. "I see nothing." He threw his helmet to the ground.
"That's because this needs a little spit, that's all." Said Craig, spitting on the helmet and rubbing his coils with it. "Let me shine this up for you. Now do you see something worthwhile?" Lincoln didn't respond. Craig then saw his reflection in the helmet.
"The truth is we're both frauds." Craig confessed. "Your ancestors never sent me. They don't even like me. You risked your life to help the people you love. I risked your life to help myself. At least you had good intentions." Flecko then looked at himself through the helmet and he began to cry.
"What? You're not lucky? You lied to me?" Craig then looked at Lynn. "And what are you supposed to be? A sheep?" Lynn growled at Craig again.
"I'll have to face my parents and sisters sooner or later." Said Lincoln. "Let's go home."
"Yeah." Said Craig. "This ain't gonna be pretty. But don't you worry, okay? Things will work out. We started this thing together, and that's how we'll finish it." He then hugged Lincoln's hand.
Suddenly, a familiar bird flew to where the Coons were buried. Oonski dug himself out of the snow and shouted in anger at what happened: Many of his best soldiers got killed. However, there were five survivors besides Oonski: A beaver with yellow fur and a purple nose, another beaver with brown fur and a red nose, a green rabbit, a large rat, and the white rabid dog. Once they reunited, the remaining Coons headed for Hillwood. Lincoln noticed this, and quickly picked up his sword, got on Lynn's back, and started heading right to Hillwood.
"Home is that day." He said, pointing to the left.
"I have to do something." Said Lincoln.
"Did you not see those Coons?" Said Craig. "They popped out of the snow, like daisies!"
"Are we in this together or not?" Asked Lincoln.
"Then let's go kick some honey buns!" The four of them then headed off to Hillwood, New York.
Author's Notes: I am aware that Clyde and Timmy would also be considered underaged, but I feel like Clyde's dads, Harold and Howard, are more like nurses. Timmy joined the army because he, like Lincoln, wanted to save his aging father. However, I imagine Mr. Turner's (they never revealed Timmy's parents' first names) condition to be a bit worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment