Friday, June 3, 2016

The Shinx Who Would Be KIng Chapter 1

Pokemon © Nintendo and Game Freak.
The Lion King © Disney.
Songs courtesy of Elton John and Tim Rice.
When the words are in italic, in means the characters are singing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In memory of Satoru Iwata
Chief executive of Nintendo
1959-2015
In the vast pride lands of the Unova region, wild Pokémon from all over came to see a newborn Shinx. The kingdom was ruled by a Luxray named Raion. In the skies, a Xatu named Xazu, flew to the rock where the lion Pokémon lived and took a bow. Between two Stantler, there was a Simisage named Yujin. He held a stick that would normally be held by a Farfetch'd, but it had berries hanging from it. When he got to the top, Yujin hugged Raion and walked toward the newborn Shinx, cracked open a berry, and spread berry juice around the baby's head. Yujin then picked up the Shinx and held him up high. In the clouds, a figure of a yellowish tiger-like Pokémon appeared and struck the newborn Shinx. Thankfully, since Shinx is an Electric-type, it didn't get effected. All the other Pokémon bowed down in honor of the newborn, except for Raion's brother, a Persian named Kizuato, who decided not to come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, on the other side of the rock, a Pikachu emerged out of its hole, but got stopped by a Persian. That was Kizuato.
"Life's not fair, isn't it?" He said to the electric mouse, holding it by its tail. "You see I, well I, shall never be king. And you shall never see the light of another day. Adieu." Before he was about to put the hapless Pikachu in his mouth, Kizuato got stopped by Xazu.
"Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food?" Xazu asked.
"What do you want?" Kizuato asked in an annoyed tone, covering the Pikachu with his paws.
"I'm here to tell you that King Raion is on his way," Xazu answered. "So you better have a good excuse for missing the royal ceremony." The Pikachu escaped Kizuato's paws and went back into the hole.
"Now look what you did, Xazu." Said Kizuato. "You made me lose my lunch."
"You'll lose more than that when the king gets through with you." Xazu replied. "He's as mad as a Slowpoke with a hernia."
"Ooh, I quiver in fear." Said Kizuato sarcastically with a lustrous look on his face. He was ready to eat Xazu!
"Kizuato, don't look at me that way." Xazu pleaded. "Help!" Kizuato swallowed Xazu like a snake swallowing a mouse.
"Kizuato." A voice sounded. It was Raion. "Drop him."
"Impeccable timing, your majesty." Xazu said within the Persian's body before he regurgitated the bird Pokémon.
"Why, if it isn't my brother from up high to mingle with the commoners." Said Kizuato.
"Messua and I didn't see you at the presentation of Kimba." The Luxray said.
"That was today? Oh, I feel so awful..." Moaned Kizuato, scratching the rock wall. "Must've slipped my mind."
"As slippery as your mind is, as the king's brother, you should've been first in line." Said Xazu.
"I was first in line," Kizuato replied. "Until the little hairball was born."
"That hairball is my son." Said Raion. "And your future king."
"Perhaps I should practice my courtesy." Said Kizuato.
"Don't turn your back on me, Kizuato."
"Well, maybe you shouldn't turn your back on me."
"Is that a challenge?!" Raion roared.
"Temper, temper." Said Kizuato. "I wouldn't dream of challenging you."
"Pitty, why not?" Asked Xazu.
"When it comes to brains, I got the lion's share." Said Kizuato. "But when it comes to brute strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool." After saying that, Kizuato walked away.
"There's one in every family, sire." Said Xazu. "Two in mine, actually, and they always manage to ruin those special occasions."
"I just don't know what I'm gonna do with him." Said Raion.
"Well, he would make a very handsome throw rug" Said Xazu. "And to just think, whenever he gets dirty, you could go outside and beat him." Raion couldn't help but chuckle.
Auther's Note: The yellowish tiger-like Pokemon in the sky is Raikou, one of the three Legendary Beasts. The other two are Entei, a Fire-type lion, and Suicune, a Water-type canine.

No comments:

Post a Comment