Friday, June 17, 2016

The Shinx Who Would Be King Chapter 15

"Isn't this a great place?" Kimba asked Gifuto.
"It sure is beautiful." She responded. "But I don't understand something. If you've been alive all this time, why didn't you come back to Pride Rock?"
"Well, I just needed to get out on my own, live my own life." Said Kimba, sitting in a vine hammock. "And I did, and it's great."
"We've really needed you back at home." Said Gifuto.
"No one needs me." Said Kimba.
"Yes, we do." Said Gifuto. "You're the king."
"Gifuto, we've been through this. I'm not the king. Kizuato is."
"Kimba, he let the Growlithe take over the pride lands."
"What?"
"Everything's destroyed. There's no food, no water. Kimba, if you don't do something soon, everyone will starve!"
"I can't go back." Said Kimba, getting out if his hammock.
"Why?"
"You wouldn't understand."
"What wouldn't I understand?"
"It doesn't matter. Shinpai nai."
"What?"
"Shinpai nai. It's something I learned out here. Look, sometimes bad things happen..."
"Kimba!"
"And there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry?"
"Because it's your responsibility."
"Well, what about you? You left."
"I left to find help! And I found you. Don't you understand? You're our only hope. What happened to you? You're not the Kimba I remember."
"You're right, I'm not. Are you satisfied?"
"No, just a bit disappointed."
"You know, you're starting to sound like my father."
"Good. At least one of us does." This ticked Kimba off.
"Listen, you think you can just show up and tell me how to live my life? You don't even know what I've been through!"
"I would, if you just told me."
"Forget it!"
"Fine!" After that, Kimba stormed off.
"She's wrong." Kimba said to himself. "I can't go back. What would it prove, anyway? It won't change anything. You can't change the past." Kimba then looked up at the stars.
"You said you would always be there for me!" He yelled. "But you're not. It's because of me. It's my fault. It's my fault." In the distance, Yujin was singing something in Japanese.
"Watashi wa, genso sarudashi, anata wa sode wa arimasen." The Simisage sang. Yujin swung to another tree and saw Kimba walk towards a river. When Kimba saw himself in the river, Yujin threw a pebble into the lake.
"Watashi wa, genso sarudashi, anata wa sode wa arimasen!" He sang.
"Could you cut it out?" Asked Kimba.
"Can't cut it out." Said Yujin. "It'll only grow back!"
"Creepy, little monkey." Said Kimba, while Yujin was following the Luxray. "Will you stop following me? Who are you?"
"The question is, who are you?" Asked Yujin.
"I thought I knew. But now, I'm not too sure."
"Well, I know who you are. Now come close, it's a secret." Yujin started whispering into Kimba's ear. "Watashi wa, genso sarudashi, anata wa sode wa arimasen!"
"Enough already!" Kimba demanded. "And what does that even mean?"
"It means 'I'm an elemental monkey, and you are not.' Eh-he-he-he-he!"
"I think you're a little confused."
"Wrong! I'm not the one who's confused. You don't even know who you are."
"And I suppose you know?"
"Yep, you're Raion's boy." Said Yujin. "Bye." He ran away to a rock and started meditating.
"You knew my father?" Kimba asked.
"Correction: I know your father."
"I hate to tell you this, but he died a long time ago."
"Wrong again!" Said Yujin. "He's alive, and I'll show him to you. Follow old Yujin. He knows the way." The monkey Pokemon crawled under a tree, and Kimba followed.
"Don't dawdle." Said Yujin. "Hurry up!" Kimba kept running until Yujin said "Stop!" He cut some grass with his stick and showed Kimba a pond.
"Look down there." He said. Kimba, looked down, but he only saw his reflection.
"That's not my father." He said. "That's just my reflection."
"No, look harder." Yujin put his finger in the water and Kimba saw a familiar face. "You see, he lives in you."
"Kimba." A voice echoed.
"Father?" Kimba looked up to the sky and saw Raion.
"Kimba, you've forgotten me."
"No." Said Kimba. "How could I?"
"You have forgotten who you are, and so forgotten me." The ghost said. "Look inside yourself, Kimba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life."
"How can I go back?" Kimba asked. "I'm not who I used to be."
"Remember who you are." Said Raion. "You are my son, and the one true king. Remember who you are." Raion started to fade into the skies.
"Father, don't leave me!" Kimba pleaded, but he did leave.
"What was that?" Said Yujin. "The weather. Pbbah! Very peculiar, don't you think?"
"Yeah." Said Kimba. "Looks like the winds are changing."
"Ah, change is good." Said Yujin.
"Yeah, but it's not easy. I know what I have to do, but that means I have to face my past, and I've been running from it for so long." Yujin then hit Kimba on the head with his stick.
"Ow!" Kimba exclaimed. "Jeez, what was that for?"
"It doesn't matter! It's in the past!" Yujin replied.
"Yeah, but it still hurts." Kimba responded.
"Oh, yes, the past can hurt." Said Yujin. "But from how I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." Yujin swung his stick, but this time Kimba ducked.
"Ah! You see?" Said Yujin. "So, what are you going to do?"
"First, I'm gonna grab your stick." Kimba replied. He took Yujin's stick and threw it.
"Oh no, not the stick!" Said Yujin. He then spotted Kimba running towards the west. "Where are you going now?"
"I'm going back!" Kimba yelled.
"Good!" Said Yujin. "Go on! Get out of here!" The Simisage laughed hysterically, as the king has returned.
Author's Note: 'Watashi wa, genso sarudashi, anata wa sode wa arimasen' actually does mean 'I'm an elemental monkey, and you are not'.

No comments:

Post a Comment