Friday, March 9, 2018

Little Lost Luvdisc Chapter 4

Little Lost Luvdsic Chapter 4

Marlon poked his head out of the waves to try finding the boat, but to no avail. He swam back down to ask for help, but no one cared. Suddenly, he bumped into a Seaking and was sent flying, hitting a rock. Thankfully, this Seaking had her horn removed so she wouldn't get poached, so Marlon wasn't punctured.
"Sorry." Said the Goldfish Pokémon. "I didn't see you. Sir, are you okay?" She swam over to Marlon's aid.
"He's gone, he's gone." Mourned Marlon. "They took him away."
"There, there." Said the Seaking. "It's all right. It'll be okay."
"No, it won't be okay." Said Marlon. "I have to find the boat."
"A boat?" Said Waseri, the Seaking. That's short for Wasureru, which means forgetful. "Hey, I've seen a boat."
"You have?"
"It passed by not too long ago."
"A white one?"
"Hi, I'm Waseri."
"Where? Which way?"
"It went this way, follow me!"
"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Marlon started following Waseri, but after a few minutes, she started getting agitated.
"Will you quit it?" She barked. "I'm trying to swim here. The ocean isn't big enough for you? You got a problem, buddy? Do you? Do you? Do you? You want a piece of me?"
"Wait a minute!" Said Marlon.
"Stop following me, okay?" Snapped Waseri.
"What are you talking about?" Asked Marlon. "You're showing me where the boat went."
"A boat?" Said Waseri. "Hey, I've seen a boat. It passed by not too long ago. It went this way. Follow me!"
"Wait a minute. Wait a minute." Said Marlon. "What is going on? You already told me which way the boat was going."
"I did? Oh, no."
"If this is some kind of practical joke, it's not funny. And I know funny. I'm a Luvdisc."
"No, it's not. I know it's not funny. I'm so sorry. See, I suffer from short-term memory loss."
"Short-term memory loss. I don't believe this."
"No, it's true. I forget things almost instantly. It runs in my family. At least, I think it does. Where are they? Can I help you?"
"Something's wrong with you, really." Said Marlon. "You're wasting my time. I have to find my son." Suddenly, a large Sharpedo with a big, toothy grin appeared in front of them. What made him different from other Sharpedo was that he had blue eyes instead of red.
"Hello." He said. "Name's Sōshoku." He extended his right pectoral fin over and offered a handshake. However, Marlon was petrified.
"It's alright. I understand." Said Sōshoku. "Why trust a Sharpedo, right?" He then lunged forward to take a bite, but he missed them by a hair. Sōshoku then gave out a hearty laugh. "So, what's a couple of bites like you doing out so late?"
"Nothing." Said Marlon, who was hiding behind Waseri. "We're not doing anything. We're not even out."
"Great!" Said the Sharpedo. "Then how would you morsels like to come to a little get-together I'm having?"
"Like a party?" Asked Waseri.
"Yeah. A party." Said Sōshoku. "What do you say?"
"I love parties." Said Waseri. "That sounds like fun."
"Parties are fun," Said Marlon. "And it's tempting, but..."
"Come on." Said Sōshoku, grabbing Marlon and Waseri. "I insist."
"Okay." Said Marlon. "That's all that matters."
----------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later, the gang of three were near a sunken ship. It was surrounded by Voltorb and Electrode, which are normally terrestrial.
"Balloons. It is a party." Said Waseri.
"Mind your distance, though." Said Sōshoku. "Those balloons can be a bit aggressive. You don't want one of them to pop." The Shapredo, Seaking, and Luvdisc were now near the entrance of the ship.
"Sakurai! Grub!" Said Sōshoku. Marlon then saw a Samurott and a Huntail.
"There you are, Sōshoku." Said the Samurott.
"Finally." Said the Huntail. "We've already been through snacks and we're still starving!"
"We've got company." Said Sōshoku. Marlon closed his eyes, but instead of being eaten, he, the three predators, and Waseri were inside the ship having a meeting.
"Right, then." Said Sōshoku. "The meeting has officially come to order. Let us all say the pledge." He, Sakurai (the Samurott), and Grub (the Huntail) then started citing a pledge.
"I am a nice predator." They said together. "Not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."
"Except for stinking Dewgong." Said Sakurai.
"Dewgong, yeah." Grub agreed. "They think they're so cute. 'Look at me. I'm a flipping little Dewgong. Let me do a trick for you. Ain't I something?"
"Alright, then." Said Sharpedo. "Today's meeting is Step 5: Bring a fish friend. Everyone got their friends?"
"Got mine." Said Sakurai, lifting his paw to reveal a nervous Tynamo.
"Hey, there." Said Waseri.
"How about you, Grub?" Asked Sōshoku.
"I seem to have misplaced my friend." Said Grub. A skeleton of a fish Pokémon popped out of the Huntail's mouth. Upon seeing that, the Tynamo swam out of the ship.
"That's all right, Grub." Said Sōshoku. "I had a feeling this would be a difficult step. You can help yourself to one of my friends."
"Thanks, mate." Said Grub, grabbing Marlon with his tail. "A little grub for Grub, eh?"
"I'll start the testimonies." Declared Sōshoku. "Hello. My name is Sōshoku."
"Hello, Sōshoku." Said Sakurai and Grub in unison.
"It has been three weeks since my last fish." Said the Sharpedo. "On my honor, or may I be chopped up and made into soup." Sakurai and Grub clapped and cheered upon hearing that.
"Right, then." Said Sōshoku. "Who's next?" Waseri raised her fin with anticipation. "How about the Sheila in the front?" Waseri then went to the podium, while Sōshoku sat down.
"Hi. I'm Waseri." Said the Seaking.
"Hello, Waseri." Said the predators.
"And, uh...." Waseri stuttered. "I don't think I've ever eaten a fish."
"That's incredible." Said Grub.
"Good on you, mate!" Said Sōshoku.
"I'm glad I got that off my chest." Said Waseri in relief, as she swam back to her seat.
"All right, anyone else?" Asked Sōshoku. He then looked at Marlon. "How about you, mate? What's your problem?"
"Me?" Said Marlon. "I don't have a problem."
"Oh, okay." Said Sōshoku. "Denial." He whacked the Luvdisc to the podium. "Just start with our name."
"Hello." Started Marlon shyly. "My name is Marlon. I'm a Luvdisc."
"A Luvdisc? Really?" Said Sakurai.
"Go on, then?" Said Sōshoku. "Tell us a joke."
"I love jokes." Said Grub.
"Well, I actually do know one that's pretty good." Said Marlon.
"There was this Shell Bell and he walks up to a Pykumuku. Normally, they don't talk, but in jokes, everything talks. So the Shell Bell said to the Pykumuku...." Marlon then saw something that caught his eyes: The goggles that the scuba diver wore were hanging on the ship's mast. They would give him a clue to where Rakki might be!
"Rakki!" Exclaimed Marlon, as he swam over to the mast.
"Rakki! Ha ha ha!" Laughed Grub. "I don't get it."
"For a Luvdisc, he isn't that funny." Said Sōshoku. The predators and Waseri started following Marlon.
"No, no, no, no." Explained Marlon. "He's my son. He was taken by these divers."
"Oh, my." Said Waseri. "You poor fish."
"Humans." Grub scoffed. "Think they own everything."
"Probably from Kanto." Commented Sakurai.
"Now, there is a father looking for his little boy." Said Sōshoku, and he began to bawl. "I never knew my father!"
Meanwhile, Marlon and Waseri found the goggles, but Marlon couldn't decipher the handwriting.
"What do these markings mean?" Marlon asked Waseri. "I can't read human."
"Well, we got to find a fish that can read this." Said Waseri, grabbing the goggles. "Hey, look. A Sharpedo!"
"No, Waseri!" Protested Marlon. When the two got near Sōshoku, Marlon and Waseri started tugging on the goggles. When the goggles slung back at Waseri, she started bleeding. The blood floated to Sōshoku, and when he smelled the blood, his eyes changed from blue to red.
"Ooh. So good." Said Sōshoku with a lustrous look on his face.
"Intervention!" Shouted Sakurai and Grub in unison. The two pinned Sōshoku to a wall so Marlon and Waseri wouldn't get eaten.
"Hold it together, mate." Said Sakurai.
"Remember, Sōshoku." Said Grub. "Fish are friends, not food!"
"Food!" Shouted Sōshoku, as he broke out of their grasp and tried to take a bite out of Marlon and Waseri. Sōshoku started chasing the two smaller fish Pokemon through the ship.
"I'm having fish tonight!" Said the Sharpedo. He kept chasing the fish until they were trapped in a room.
"There's no way out!" Said Marlon. "There's gotta be a way to escape!" On the other side, Sōshoku started banging on the door using his head.
"Who is it?" Asked the oblivious Waseri.
"Waseri," Said Marlon. "Help me find a way out!"
"Sorry, you'll have to come back later." Said Waseri. "We're trying to escape."
"There's got to be a way out!" Said Marlon.
"Here's something." Said Waseri. She was looking at an escape hatch. "Es-cap-é. I wonder what that means. It's spelled just like the word 'escape'."
"Let's go." Said Marlon, and he dragged Waseri out of the room.
----------------------------------------------------
"Wait a minute." Said Marlon. "You can read?"
"I can read?" Said Waseri. "That's right. I can read!"
"Well, then, here." Said Marlon, showing the prints on the goggle to Waseri. "Read this now." Sōshoku then popped out from underneath and got the goggles stuck in his jaws. He chased Marlon and Waseri again, and trapped them with a Dhelmise, who didn't seem to mind having the two fish around. Sōshoku, however, was still ramming into the crammed quarters. Sakurai and Grub appeared to tell the prey fish that he's actually a nice shark.
"Sorry about Sōshoku, mate." Said Grub.
"He's really a nice guy." Said Sakurai.
"He never even knew his father!" Said Grub.
"I need to get the mask." Said Marlon.
"You want the mask?" Said Waseri. "Okay." She ripped 'seaweed' off the Dhelmise as if it were a man pulling off a fake mustache, and the Sea Creeper Pokémon moaned in pain. She then pushed the anchor that Dhelmise resided on into Sōshoku's mouth and they were freed.
"Quick, grab the mask!" Commanded Marlon. He carried the goggles on his head and swam pack to the crammed quarters. When Sōshoku spat out the anchor, he came back to his senses. However, the anchor was going to land on a Voltorb!
"Swim away! Swim away!" He pleaded, and the three predators escaped the explosion in time.
If you're worried about Marlon and Waseri, they're fine. They're wrapped in a Dhelmise, which is Grass/Ghost, and Ghost-Type Pokémon are immune to Normal-Type attacks, thus being unaffected by Voltorb and Electrode's explosions.
Author's Notes: In real life, conversationalists will cut off a wild rhino's horn to show that they have been protected.
Image result for Protected hornless rhinoceros
The ship the predator Pokemon hold their meeting in during this chapter is the SS Cactus from Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
Abandoned Ship RSE.png
Sōshoku means 'herbivore' in Japanese.
Sakuri, the Samurott who takes the place of Anchor (the hammerhead shark in 'Nemo'), is named after Masahiro Sakurai, best known for creating the Kirby and Super Smash Bros video games.
For those diehard Pokemon fans out there, I am so sorry that Garchomp did not appear in the meeting. I feel that Pokemon is more suited for deserts than in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment