Monday, March 12, 2018

Little Lost Luvdisc Chapter 8

Little Lost Luvdisc Chapter 8

The next morning, Marlon and Waseri encountered a school of Wishiwashi. However, because Waseri kept repeating 'M. Shinkai 134 Zigzagoon Way Slateport', the Wishiwashi school kept swimming off.
"Okay, all right." Marlon said to Waseri.
"Uh-huh." Said Waseri. She was ready to listen.
"Here's the thing." Marlon began. "I think it's best if I carry on from here by myself."
"Okay."
"You know, alone."
"Uh-huh."
"Without... I mean, not without you. But I don't want you... With me." 
"Huh?"
"Am I making you uncomfortable? Because I don't want to hurt your feelings."
"You want me to leave?"
"I mean, not... Yes. I just can't afford any more delays, and you're one of those fish that can cause delays. Sometimes it's a good thing. There's a whole group of fish. They're delay fish." Waseri then started to cry.
"You mean... You don't like me?" She whimpered.
"No, of course I like you." Said Marlon. "It's because I like you I don't want to be with you. It's a complicated emotion." The school of Wishiwashi heard the Seaking's crying, they rushed to her aid.
"Hey, you! Lady, is this guy bothering you?" Asked the head Wishiwashi.
"I don't remember." Replied Waseri. "Were you?"
"No," Said Marlon. "We were just..."
"Look, pal. We're talking to the lady, not you!" Snapped the Small Fry Pokémon. "Hey, hey. You like impressions?"
"Mm-hmm." Replied Waseri, wiping tears off her face.
"Just like in rehearsals, gentleman." Said the head Wishiwashi. The Pokemon then started changing places in the school to look like a different Pokémon. They took on the silhouette of a Gorebyss.
"Ooh, I've seen one of those!" Said Waseri.
"Come on, take a guess!" Said the head Wishiwashi. "I'm a fish with a nose like a needle."
"It's a Gorebyss!" Said Marlon. The Wishiwashi were upset upon hearing that.
"C'mon. Let the lady guess." Said the head Wishiwashi. They then took on the silhouette of a Crawdaunt. "Where's the butter?"
"It's on the tip of my tongue." Said Waseri.
"Crawdaunt!" Coughed Marlon.
"Saw that." Said the head Wishiwashi. The school then regrouped and took the silhouette of an Octillary. "Lots of legs. Lives in Johto."
"Shellder." Said Waseri.
"Close enough." Said the head Wishiwashi. The school then regrouped and took the silhouette of the SS Anne and started whistling a familiar tune.
"They're good." Said Waseri. Marlon started getting sick of their impressions.
"Will somebody please give me directions?" He asked. Upon hearing that, the sardine Pokemon took on the silhouette of a Luvdisc and starting mocking Marlon.
"Will somebody please give me directions?" They mocked.
"I'm serious!"
"Blah blah blah. Me me blah. Blah blah blah blah me me me." Marlon  swam away with an unpleasant look on his face. Waseri followed Marlon to see if she could help.
"Hey, what's the matter?" She asked.
"What's the matter?" Replied Marlon. "While they're doing their silly little impressions, I'm miles from home with a fish who can't even remember her own name!"
"I bet that's frustrating." Said Waseri.
"Yeah." Said Marlon. "Meanwhile, my son is out there."
"Your son Mickey?"
"Rakki."
"Right."
"But it doesn't matter because no fish in this entire ocean is gonna help me."
"Well, I'm helping you." Said Waseri. "Wait right here." She swam towards the Wishiwashi school to see if they knew any directions.
"Is he bothering you, again?" Asked the head Wishiwashi.
"No, no." Said Waseri. "He's a good guy. Go easy on him. He's lost his son Nicky. Any of you heard of M. Shinkai 134 Zigzagoon Way Slateport?"
"Slateport?!" Said the head Wishiwashi. "Why, Ted's got relatives in Slateport. Don't you, Ted?"
"Sure do!" Said Ted.
"Hey!" Waseri said to Marlon. "They know Slateport!" Upon hearing that, Marlon swam to the school to hear the important information.
"You wouldn't know how to get there, would you?" She asked the school.
"You want to follow the WHC." Said the head Wishiwashi. "That's short for 'West Hoenn Currant." The school then formed two zig-zag lines. "Big current. Can't miss it." They then formed an arrow pointing left. "It's in that direction. And then you follow that for about, I don't know? Three leagues? That little baby will put you right past Slateport."
"Great!" Said Marlon. "Waseri, you did it."
"Oh, please." Said Waseri. "I'm just your little helper helping along."
"Fellas, thank you." Marlon said to the Wishiwashi school.
"Don't mention it!" Said the head Wishiwashi. They then formed a picture of a Luvdisc with a happy face. "Just loosen up, okay, buddy?"
"Guys, you nailed him." Said Waseri. "Bye."
"One more thing." Said the head Wishiwashi. They formed two columns. "When you come to this trench, swim through it, not over it.
"Trench. Through it. Not over it." Repeated Waseri. "I'll remember. Hey! Hey!" She swam off to catch up with Marlon and tell him the advice.
--------------------------------------------------
Waseri met up with Marlon at a trench.
"Wait, wait!" She said. "I gotta tell you something." Suddenly, she noticed the trench in front of them. "Whoa. Nice trench. Hello!" And the voice echoed. "Okay, let's go."
"No, no." Said Marlon. "Bad trench. Come on, we'll swim over this thing." Suddenly, a bell rang in Waseri's mind.
"Whoa, partner." She said. "Little red flag going up. Something's telling me to swim through it, not over it."
"Are you looking at this thing?" Asked Marlon. "It's got death written all over it."
"I'm sorry." Said Waseri. "But I really, really, really think we should swim through."
"And I'm really, really done talking about this. Over we go."
"C'mon, trust me on this."
"Trust you?"
"Yes, trust. It's what friends do:"
"Look, something shiny!"
"Where?"
"It just swam over the trench. Come on, we'll follow it!"
"Okay!" When they made it to the top, there was nothing shiny, but Waseri did see a young Frillish.
"Hey, little guy." She said to the jellyfish Pokémon.
"And look! There's the current!" Said Marlon. "And you wanted to go through the trench."
"I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine." Declared Waseri. She started talking to the Frillish as if it were a baby, but when Waseri tried touching it, it stung her.
"Waseri, that's a Frillish!" Said Marlon, whacking the Frillish with his butt. Waseri then looked at her injured fin.
"Don't touch it." She said.
"I won't touch it." Said Marlon. "I just want to look at it."
"Hey!" Said Waseri. "How come it didn't sting you?"
"It did." Said Marlon. "But it didn't hurt as much. I'm used to these kind me of stings. I live in a Corsola. It doesn't look bad. You'll be fine. You're lucky it didn't evolve into Jellicent. Next time we see a Jellicent, we will not touch it." Suddenly, Marlon and Waseri were surrounded by Jellicent! The two hugged each other in fear.
"Don't move." Said Marlon, trying to find a way out. "This is bad, Waseri."
"Hey, watch this!" Said Waseri. She was bouncing on a Jellcent's head, but it didn't sting her. This gave Marlon an idea.
"Waseri, listen to me." He said. "I have a idea: a game."
"A game?" Asked Waseri.
"Yes." Answered Marlon.
"I love games!" Said Waseri with delight.
"Here's the game." Marlon started explaining the 'game'. "Whoever can hop the fastest out of these Jellicent wins! But here are the rules. You can't touch the tentacles. Only the tops."
"Something about tentacles." Replied Waseri. "Got it. Go!" She started hopping through the Jellicent Forest.
"It's not something about them." Said Marlon, trying to catch up with Waseri. "It's all about them!" The two were now racing through the Jellicent forest.
"We're cheating death now." Marlon said to himself. "That's what we're doing. But we're having fun at the same time. I can do this. Just be careful."
"Yeah." Said Waseri, who overheard him. "Careful that I don't win!"
"I don't think so!" Said Marlon. The two continued bouncing on the tops of Jellicent.
"Give it up, old man." She said to Marlon. "You can't fight adaptation. I was built for speed."
"The question is, Waseri, are you hungry?" Asked Marlon. "Because you are about to eat my bubbles!" Marlon sped up and made it out of the forest.
"And the Luvdisc is the winner!" He declared. "We did it! Look at us!" Marlon looked around, but there was no Waseri. He swam back into the Jellicent Forest, which had more of this Water/Ghost-Type Pokemon this time, and saw Waseri in a Jellicent's tentacles. Despite the risks, Marlon grabbed Waseri and started heading out of the Jellicent Forest.
"Am I disqualified?" Asked Waseri with a tired tone.
"No, you're doing fine!" Said Marlon. "You're actually winning! You just gotta stay awake. Where does M. Shinkai live?"
"M. Shinkai..." She said weakly. "Zigzagoon Way, Slateport..."
"That's it!" Said Marlon, who found an exit out of the Jellicent Forest. However, there were too many Jellicent, and by the time they made it out, both of them fainted.
However, they were rescued by a family of Blastoise.
Author's Note: The SS Anne was a boat the player could visit in Pokemon Red and Blue, as well as the remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green.
SS Anne FRLG.png
For those who grew up with Red and Blue, the tune I mentioned in this chapter happens to be this link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtiIgTCQZE

No comments:

Post a Comment